What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deck install...  (Read 3590 times)

paxthar

Deck install...
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:39:08 am »
So got my tub all fixed up, and my dealer said I could keep it at their storage facility till the weather warms up and I can get everything properly set up for installation. Just trying to figure out how high I want the tub off the ground, or if I want it level with my deck. I plan on building a base out of heavy timbers (6" X 8"), with some kind of concrete footings. But if I want to only raise it a foot or so off the ground I'll build a frame out of the heavy timbers and fill it with 3/4" river wash stone, to make for excellent drainage.

So I' am wondering who out there has their tub raised so that the base is level with their deck, and who has it raised so that the tub it is only a foot or so above the level of their deck (ie you can step into the tub), and why they prefer their tub that way. I am thinking with having kids a tub that having it so that the base is level with the deck will make it safer as they won't be able to climb into it, and I could build a "bar" along the edge that would be useful when we are out on the deck or in the tub.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Deck install...
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:39:08 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Deck install...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:54:22 pm »
The top of my tub is about 23" off the deck surface. I was given that idea from a dealer who suggested not to have the top of the tub even with the deck surface. He instructed me (Wisely I might add) that as we get older it may get more difficult to get up and down from a fully sunken tub. My tub is at a height that  I can sit on the edge, swing my legs in onto the seats and then get into my tub. To get out I step onto the seat, sit on the edge and swing my legs out.

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:26:21 pm »
I would hope that you have taken into consideration - access to your equipment panel. 

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:01:59 pm »
If that question was to me ... yes I did, kind of  :-[. My pumps are about 10 inches below the deck surface and all my bottom screws to the panels were removed. I repair medical equipment and believe that any tech should be able to reach in and remove the pump if need be. The one thing I didn't think of is the pump under the filter compartment (I have 3 therapy pumps) - that is kind of a squeeze at it is close to the railing (approx 8 to 10 inches); worst case scenario is I remove the railing if need be.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:01:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42