What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking at Artesian spas  (Read 7354 times)

med

Looking at Artesian spas
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:54:29 pm »
Any owners have any helpful comments?

Hot Tub Forum

Looking at Artesian spas
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:54:29 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Looking at Artesian spas
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:15:52 pm »
 I am not an owner but I have used and sold them, Nice spa and can offer a lot of power jet wise almost to much in some cases.  Quality wise not bad prolly better now, when we sold them they were like a bayliner boat once we worked the kinks out they seemed to be fine. which one you thinking about?

med

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 10:09:05 pm »
Hey Jim, i was looking at a Dove Canyon. The dealer has it listed for 12k, its very nice, its a Platinum Elite. I also went to a Hot Springs dealer and took a look at their line. I like the Envoy, he said he can sell me a 2009 floor model for $8395. I am trying to do a lot of research and find a dealer who has good post sale warranty service. I like the small individual pumps for each seat with Artesian and I preferred their jet location and number of jets. Also the lifetime shell is nice. HS has the no-bypass filtration system and has 5 filters vs 3 filters with Artesian. The HS dealer strictly sells spas and the Artesian sells spas, pool tables and I'm not sure what else. I do not mind paying more for quality but from what I have been reading spa service is very important. I have read good and bad owner reviews on both brands. Mostly good reviews on both. Tough decision.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:52:34 am »
Also the lifetime shell is nice.

If this is like other "lifetime" shell warranties I've seen then I'd ignore it and treat it like other shell warranties with a standard limit.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:34:24 pm »
 To start with the Envoy and Dove canyon are 2 pretty different spas. one has 2 pumps the other has 5 one per seat plus mega more jets not that its that big of a deal, maybe it is for you? . And as noted a bit of a price difference.   Both are good quality.   Have you wet tested yet?  Don't worry about the shell warranty most spa's of quality are probably not going to have an issue. Equipment wise both are 5 years. How are the dealers?

Filtration wise 3 vs 5 which would you rather clean, 5 or 3 both systems will keep your spa clean with the same amount of chems either way.

You would be happy with either but I would wet test and pic what you like best.     Have you checked out other brands, Jacuzzi,Sundance Arctic,Marquis?   Plenty of others out their to look at, but maybe not where you live?

Many people get caught up in the hype of how many filters how many jets so on and so on.  Wet test, and find what works best for your needs.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 08:43:42 pm »
What Jim said!

I do own an Artesian Island series and I bought it because I had a good feeling from the dealer and they have been OK to deal with. At the time that I bought the tub it was the best value for me. Artesian is a nice tub but Hot Springs does have a loyal fan base as well. As Jim said I would look at as many tubs as I could (I did!!  ;D ) and try to figure how you like or dislike them. I did not wet test and I will say that I should have although I don't think my dealer would have let me wet test my model.

All major players will provide you with clean, hot water as long as you do your part on the santizing. Don't let any sales hype make or break your decision. Think about how many people are possibly going to be in the tub at one time normally not during a party with 50 of your closest friends. Having one pump per seat may be nice but it may not be needed.

Good luck in your searching!

To start with the Envoy and Dove canyon are 2 pretty different spas. one has 2 pumps the other has 5 one per seat plus mega more jets not that its that big of a deal, maybe it is for you? . And as noted a bit of a price difference.   Both are good quality.   Have you wet tested yet?  Don't worry about the shell warranty most spa's of quality are probably not going to have an issue. Equipment wise both are 5 years. How are the dealers?

Filtration wise 3 vs 5 which would you rather clean, 5 or 3 both systems will keep your spa clean with the same amount of chems either way.

You would be happy with either but I would wet test and pic what you like best.     Have you checked out other brands, Jacuzzi,Sundance Arctic,Marquis?   Plenty of others out their to look at, but maybe not where you live?

Many people get caught up in the hype of how many filters how many jets so on and so on.  Wet test, and find what works best for your needs.

med

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:59:27 pm »
Thanks for everyones input. I did wet test 2 HS models and floated in both, lounger and seat, but the price was agreeable. Also wet tested a Marquis and a Jacuzzi. Floated in the Marquis. Did not float in the Jacuzzi, also found it to be very comfortable. It had plenty of power in the jets.I have noticed that I do not need extremely powerful jets. The price on the Jacuzzi is a bit high, 10k for the J375, but a very nice tub, does that sound like a fair price? I do not mind the dealer making a descent profit but I also want to get a fair price. The dealer was very knowledgeable and not pressuring me. The 10k for the J375 included cover, cover lifter, steps, chemicals and delivery and set up. A very nice looking tub, I especially like the plastic tub type base to protect the bottom. Wet testing is definitely necessary, I do not want to float, it was not comfortable at all. Any comments on anything, especially the price.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 01:12:45 pm »
You might also check the D1 spa line also, they would be in the same category.. but by wet testing models you can rule out the fit and function, like floating out of seat...but in the price range check around,,,,happy hunting....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 01:12:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42