What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Strong Spas  (Read 35727 times)

Rodney

Strong Spas
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:08:21 am »
Looking to buying a new hot tub and have read how to suggestions in doing so.  Have been looking at Strong Spas, model (Madrid 80) www.strongspas.com but can't find anyone with reviews on the Strong Spas name.  What I have found that their product looks pretty good, a lot of bang for the buck.  Around $7400 for 5-6 seats, 2 x 4hp pumps, 80 ss jets, ozonator, and lounge.   I have been using Hot Spring models for spec camparison.  Does anyone have any info on Strong Spa products?

Hot Tub Forum

Strong Spas
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:08:21 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Strong Spas
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:21 pm »
I'll only say those can't be 4HP pumps if the spa is running on a 50A circuit. Thats probably 4 BHP pumps and 2 true HP.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:56:41 pm »
What do you mean when you say you have been using Hot Spring models for spec camparison?  Would you use a Volvo to compare to a Kia?  Not saying either of those comparable to Hot Spring or Strong.  I just don't understand what you are trying to achieve.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 04:47:31 pm »
Don't buy spas based on specs. Some specs will throw you off (like when they list having dual 4 HP pumps when that is BHP, not HP), others are wasteful (like evaluating jets by # rather than how well they feel) and some don't tell the whole story (warranties are often the same but how well a warranty is backed can very greatly).

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 08:05:04 am »
Rodney,

Welcome to the forum. I've never heard of Strong Spas, not that my knowledge means anything, but I'll enjoy looking at the link you provided.  Two things that many spa manufacturers throw out that is less than useful are pump HP and number of jets.  My tub has 3 jets that I can think of that are totally worthless.  My pumps are listed as 7 hp. Depending on the plumbing, you can make the strongest pumps and best jets worthless. 
All this said, this may be a great tub, definitely wet test if you think  you are going to buy, and let us know how it goes.  I'm off to look at the link.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 11:11:45 am »
Part of the reason you haven't found much information on Strong Spas is they are a very minor player out there.  They've been around for a few years now.  I believe they are part of the Strong Pools above ground pool manufacturer.

Here's my question to manufacturers who mislead the consumer on their horsepower:  What else are you misleading me on? 

If a manufacturer has to mislead you on how much horsepower they have, it is my opinion that they are compensating for lacking in other areas.

I've seen Strong out there for awhile.  I've seen very, very few dealers.  I've not heard much about them out there.  I travel the country and see lots of pool builders/spa retailers.  I think I've come across one Strong dealer in Oklahoma City and that's about it.  That would give me a bit of hesitation to buy from them. 

They may be a quality spa.  I've just not seen enough to tell you different, so I have to go on what I see the manufacturer do.  Again, if they mislead you on horsepower, what else are they misleading you on?
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 01:42:55 pm »

Here's my question to manufacturers who mislead the consumer on their horsepower:  What else are you misleading me on? 

If a manufacturer has to mislead you on how much horsepower they have, it is my opinion that they are compensating for lacking in other areas.

I certainly understand the sentiment, but so man manufacturers do it, even ones most consider respectable. Throw in the MSRP and that makes a third category.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

gordholio99

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 01:07:15 am »
A number of Strong Spas are now sold thru Costco. If you believe the Costco reviews, one or two of the models are making their owners quite happy. Of course, those opinions may or may not change a few years down the road.

temronwilliams

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:35:07 am »
Enjoy the healing effects of hydrotherapy in your own home. Strong Spas speed the body's own natural healing processes while improving circulation and decreasing joint pain. STRONG SPAS™ are designed for maximum hydrotherapeutic benefits with dedicated Neck & Shoulder Jets to target an area where many people carry tension, body loungers for full body massage and captain's chairs for the ultimate personal massage.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 08:39:59 am »
Enjoy the healing effects of hydrotherapy in your own home. Strong Spas speed the body's own natural healing processes while improving circulation and decreasing joint pain. STRONG SPAS™ are designed for maximum hydrotherapeutic benefits with dedicated Neck & Shoulder Jets to target an area where many people carry tension, body loungers for full body massage and captain's chairs for the ultimate personal massage.

Sounds like a commercial, you work for them?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 09:27:41 am »
It's spam..... this guy has hit 3 4 different message boards I've found so far this morning. He's trying to get his irrelevant signature link posted
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 09:29:12 am »
if you do, Temron, you may want to consider adding your professional profile to the thread specifically for Professionals.  Find that at the top of the list in the Main Forum. It helps you establish crediblity for the people reading your posts, and will help put your comments in perspective.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 10:50:41 am »
STRONG SPAS™ are designed for maximum hydrotherapeutic benefits ...

Adding the ™ to the name is too much lol.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:18:23 am by Spatech_tuo »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 11:28:32 am »
It's spam..... this guy has hit 3 4 different message boards I've found so far this morning. He's trying to get his irrelevant signature link posted

I must be tired this morning, I didn't notice the signature.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 11:38:15 am »
Guess that is because STRONG has many meanings in English..so without a TM...it could mean ..... ::).

So lets have fun with this...If you had to name your spa for the spa manufacturer..what would name it??

Super Mightyfine Deluxe Relax-o-Therapy Ultimate Entertainer.  ;)  ;D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 11:38:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42