What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spas: If they're so good, why so many complaints?  (Read 55955 times)

Summitman

Re: Arctic Spas: If they're so good, why so many complaints?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 09:36:00 pm »

Well for instance, several of my customers that have owned other brands of spas say so.  Many have admitted that their electrical bill DECREASED after replacing their previous spa with an Arctic. 

And I have no doubt this could be said of just about ANY OTHER brand of spa as well.

Also we highly suggest people to wet test spas before purchasing and that will usually seal the deal on the Arctic Spa if you fit them in the right model.

Also certainly true of just about ANY OTHER brand of spa as well.

It can definetely be SAID about any other brand, but all I know is it is TRUE with the Arctics that I sell.  Tman said all he had is what dealers were telling him/her, I was just showing him/her what consumers were telling me.  Thats all.  Im not saying that Arctic is the end all be all of hot tubs, but they are elite as any brand out there. 

I've seen allot of tubs in the last 20-25 years or so of repair including Arctic. I've only worked on a couple Arctic's (not sold localy) While here in Northern Minnesota you would think they would be sold, maybe there's no market for another dealer, beats me. But from my independent investigation I would say they almost make the top 5. A decent tub, but there are better.

I'm not confused at all Summ, but thanks for the pitch.

Well Roger since your the only guy in the industry that has 20-25 years of repair then I concede.  They are far more than a decent tub.  Most that have seen in person all the top spas would put Arctic among the best.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 09:36:00 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:40 pm »
Most that have seen in person all the top spas would put Arctic among the best.

Didn't I say that? If I was missunderstood I apoligize. But if snippy is how you want to get, it shows your personality you know.

Decent and junk are my 2 catagorys, decent can be 4 grand for a decent value tub and 8 or more for a decent top of the line. Junk can be 4 grand and 8-10 grand. So if your looking for where you fall IMO....decent, just like 10 or more other brands.

If you would like my complaints against Arctic here they are. 1. They seem noisier to me than several other brands. 2. The seating seems to confining to me. 3. They are overpriced IMO, just like some other brands.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:32:48 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Summitman

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 06:16:15 pm »
Most that have seen in person all the top spas would put Arctic among the best.

Didn't I say that? If I was missunderstood I apoligize. But if snippy is how you want to get, it shows your personality you know.

Decent and junk are my 2 catagorys, decent can be 4 grand for a decent value tub and 8 or more for a decent top of the line. Junk can be 4 grand and 8-10 grand. So if your looking for where you fall IMO....decent, just like 10 or more other brands.

If you would like my complaints against Arctic here they are. 1. They seem noisier to me than several other brands. 2. The seating seems to confining to me. 3. They are overpriced IMO, just like some other brands.

If decent is as good as it gets then great!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 06:14:35 am »
If decent is as good as it gets then great!

Yep, I have one personal favorite brand and, like I said about 10 other brands that are decent. Any one of the ten could become my personal favorite if they build a better product. But everybody has a personal favorite.
Retired

gordholio99

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 02:34:04 pm »
So, you're not going to tell us if that personal favorite brand is D1 or Hot Spring, are you? :-)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 06:00:25 am »
So, you're not going to tell us if that personal favorite brand is D1 or Hot Spring, are you? :-)

I'm not a  big Hot Springs fan. They to are overpriced. They fall about to third on my list. Just ahead of Sundance and then Arctic. But my list is for me.
Retired

Water Boy

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 10:10:39 am »

I'm not a  big Hot Springs fan. They to are overpriced. They fall about to third on my list. Just ahead of Sundance and then Arctic. But my list is for me.

Come on Roger you can tell us who 3, 4, and 5 are buy not number 1 and 2? I am pretty sure based on your previous posts on other forums that D1 is at the top for you. Not sure who 2 is though. I have never really heard why you think D1 is at the top. You dont have to answer, but curious minds would like to know.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 06:44:44 pm »

I'm not a  big Hot Springs fan. They to are overpriced. They fall about to third on my list. Just ahead of Sundance and then Arctic. But my list is for me.

Come on Roger you can tell us who 3, 4, and 5 are buy not number 1 and 2? I am pretty sure based on your previous posts on other forums that D1 is at the top for you. Not sure who 2 is though. I have never really heard why you think D1 is at the top. You dont have to answer, but curious minds would like to know.

They are innovative, great to deal with both in tech and marketing. They have a great product with a long standing reputation for reliability, energy effeciency and longevity. And I have never soaked in a more comfortable and quiet tub than the Nautilis.

Oh and Marquis

Dissclaimer, this is not meant to promote either of the mentioned brands. These are MY personal favorites.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:49:04 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

gordholio99

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 11:46:36 pm »
And to think - you chose my thread to reveal this. :-)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:35 am »
I was going to suggest that you take a look at Marquis, but not sure if you even have a dealer near you. I have an Epic and I purchased it in '05. Last year the shell began to show signs of crazing (which is cracks under the surface that really don't impact the integrity of the shell as far as leaks). In any case, I sent Marquis a couple of pictures, talked to my dealer and they sent me an offer and completely replaced the tub. The offer was to allow me to upgrade if I desired.
I don't know of many manufacturers that would do that without hesitation.

Additionally, I have a wonderful dealer who understands how important customer service really is. ;) So after 5 years, I can honestly say I made a good decision with my purchase and thank goodness it has been dependable...Probably partially because I do the water maintence (not my husband!!!) ;D ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

temronwilliams

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 08:33:47 am »
I would have to strongly disagree with your selection of H20 & Catalina I know nothing about Master except some shady marketing. Catalina has the worst quality I have seen. Since the dealer where I am went under I have people stopping by asking if I can get them parts for their 2 yr old tubs. H20 derrived out of Pacific Spas because a small group thought they could do better. I have seen them up close & they look OK The dealers I know that picked them up were greatly dissappointed with the quality of the tubs when they had to do mulitple warranties on floor tubs that were only running for a couple months. None of them carry H20 anymore. The new Cals do have more insulation than early 90's tubs. There are happy Cal spa owners but yes Cal does under pay and try to deny warranty claims unless you have follwed everything to a T In Canada its not as bad.

For the original 3 choices if those are the only ones available Cal LA or Arctic I would have to say Arctic its the better of the 3, then Cal, then nothing

gordholio99

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 11:57:38 am »
temronwilliams: I don't think anyone in this thread "selected" H20. I'm interested in what you have to say about H2O tubs (in particular your claim that dealers were greatly disappointed with them due to multimple warranty issues), but I don't think anyone in this thread has even mentioned H20.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 12:28:36 pm »
temronwilliams is making an attempt to spam this board.....as he has with 4 other message boards this morning. His profile has a link in the signature line he's hoping will show up here. On other boards it does...make that, "did". For some reason it doesn't here.

His entire postings are simply designed to look somewhat relevant to the subject, in hopes that no one will notice the link in his signature line.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 12:31:08 pm »
I think Bill took care of his "line"...he is probably off commenting on Whats the best BS board right now!!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Pathfinder

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 02:19:16 pm »
I recognize that H2o & Catalina post since thats mine from back in 2007, when H2o just came out.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:21:42 pm by Pathfinder »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 02:19:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42