What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima  (Read 2808 times)

Oliva V

Optima
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:28:36 pm »
We have just finished wet testing 6 different tubs and have decided on the 2010 Optima.

We are being quoted $10,800 for the tub, cover, cover lifter, ozone, steps and delivery. Is this a fair price? I feel like i am at a disadvantage because there is only one dealer in our area. I do not need to beat every penny out of the dealer but I want a fair price for the market conditions and time of year.

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:30:57 pm by Oliva V »

Hot Tub Forum

Optima
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:28:36 pm »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Optima
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:48:25 pm »
Most of the replys you get on here will be from dealers so keep in mind that they will often sell a spa for around that same "retail" price or may come on and say "You are getting a good price, we sell it for $12,000" but the reality is that you may well be able to get it for less.  In the past, the "sweet spot" for Hot Tubs like the Optima was between $7,200 and $8,500 and due to the economy, it SHOULD still be around that price tag.  Now, some dealers will come on here and "piss and moan" that they could "NEVER sell one that cheaply" but the reality is that they CHOOSE not to sell it that low as they have profit margins they need to protect to stay in business.  The larger the store, the more units they can run through and the less profit the "HAVE" to have on each unit.  So, with that in mind, I would say to offer the guy $9K for it with the knowledge that you may still be over-paying.  Then be prepared to walk away if he doesn't come down in price.  Tell him you are shopping other equivalent products and $9K is the MAX you are willing to spend for THIS PARTICULAR spa.  Make certain he realizes that he can not "talk you down" to a low-priced model but has to deal on the OPTIMA ONLY.

It's sad but in the end buying a Hot Tub is VERY similar to buying a car.  You HAVE to negotiate to get the best price.  When I was looking, you could get an Optima (or it's lounger equivalent Cameo) for $7K without too much problems so a $2K increase over 5 years is about a 7% year-over-year increase.  How would you like to get a 7% increase in your salary every year?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:10:10 am »
Olivia,

Welcome to the forum, I'm hopeful that the number of new people tub shopping that we have seen here this month is a good sign. I stay out of "is this a good price" discussions because I haven't priced tubs in a few years and have found through my friends in this forum that cost/prices vary dramatically from state to state and of course province to province.  I will say that price is not a rip off, but take your time shop, compare and feel free to share here and ask questions.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:10:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42