What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-345 Removed filter while running = no heat ?? Help!  (Read 3064 times)

janeav

J-345 Removed filter while running = no heat ?? Help!
« on: February 28, 2010, 10:43:55 am »
I read my manual too late.....

Everything was working perfectly a couple of days ago, water was 103 degrees!  Then, I went and removed a filter to add the minerals cartridge (while power was on).  Now, I have no heat.  The heat light is on, but circulation pump is not working.  Jet pumps are working fine.  I read through many posts on this site, and tried:

1.  Turning off power at breaker for 45 minutes, then turning back on.  Did this a few times.
2.  Made sure tub was running in Standard Mode (F2), not Economy Mode.
3.  Checked thermostat setting -- set on 103 degrees.
4.  Removed filter on circ. pump side, and turned power back on to see if pump was sucking (it's not).
5.  Used hose to flush water through circulation pump inlet.
6.  Made sure water was at correct level (one inch below lowest headrest).

Spa temp is 81 this morning, and repairmen cannot come until Tuesday!  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Jane

Hot Tub Forum

J-345 Removed filter while running = no heat ?? Help!
« on: February 28, 2010, 10:43:55 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: J-345 Removed filter while running = no heat ?? Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:10:56 pm »
 Sounds coincidental, the fact you removed the filter while the spa was running should not be an issue at all unless it sucked something into the circ pump.  That is pretty much impossible because of the screen that covers the fitting.   Airlock maybe, when the filter was put in its possible it sucked air into the pump, but you say you tried flushing water through it??  My guess is the pump failed but hopefully not.

janeav

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:52:27 am »
Thanks, Jacuzzi Jim, for your reply.  The repair guys are coming this morning -- I'll update after that.  I hope it's not the circulation pump -- I know the previous owner replaced that one last June.   ???

janeav

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:05:44 am »
Jacuzzi Jim, you were right -- the mistake I made with the filter was coincidental to the problem.  There was a fried wire -- heater wire.  The repairman said this could have happened if it was loose, or became loose when the spa was moved last week.  I'm very happy the circuit board didn't get fried!

The problem was fixed with a new wire that attaches to the circuit board.  We now have heat!

Thanks again,
Jane

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:05:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42