What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: is this a good price for a Hot Springs Envoy  (Read 29929 times)

Spiderman

Re: is this a good price for a Hot Springs Envoy
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 08:39:42 am »
Nice to hear you did some detective work!  Better to read what you went through instead of, "I got scammed.  Now what?"   ;D    Enjoy you new Envoy!!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 08:39:42 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 11:02:49 am »
Thats why you do your homework!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jb4265

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 06:49:52 pm »
I need to quit looking and go buy.  Saturday I am going to look at the Marquis Epic.  A friend recommended I look at that before committing to the Envoy so I am..  Any thoughts on the Epic compared to the Envoy??

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 07:10:58 pm »
Big sellers for each.

jb4265

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 07:20:54 pm »
Anyone interested in the scam I mentioned above, check it out on Ebay.......SHE'S BACK!!!!!!!! and the price has been lowered.  Type in "caldera hot tub" and it should take you to the post. 

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 10:05:51 pm »
I am curious as to what you thought about the Epic that you wet tested last weekend?  I have an Epic and when we were looking we had considered the Envoy also. Just wondering if the wet test confirmed your choice or not.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

jb4265

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 10:33:00 pm »
I liked the Epic, did not like the dealer and was 50 miles from my residence.  I  have not tested the Envoy.  The HS dealer close to my home has no Envoy in stock.  Will be another 3 weeks or so.  He also sells Caldera so would like to wet test the Niagra and Geneva.  To be honest, I am all over the board.  The more I look the more confused I get.  Based on the locations of dealers and my schedule, almost impossible to wet test the ones I am interested in on the same day like a lot of folks on here suggest.   I hope this is over in 3 or 4 weeks.  I will post as soon as I wet test.  Without wet testing, HS is my first choice but that is based on posts here and looking at the HS that was on the floor.  Really like the quality.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 12:15:43 am »
I liked the Epic, did not like the dealer and was 50 miles from my residence.  I  have not tested the Envoy.  The HS dealer close to my home has no Envoy in stock.  Will be another 3 weeks or so.  He also sells Caldera so would like to wet test the Niagra and Geneva.  To be honest, I am all over the board.  The more I look the more confused I get.  Based on the locations of dealers and my schedule, almost impossible to wet test the ones I am interested in on the same day like a lot of folks on here suggest.   I hope this is over in 3 or 4 weeks.  I will post as soon as I wet test.  Without wet testing, HS is my first choice but that is based on posts here and looking at the HS that was on the floor.  Really like the quality.

A good spa will last you a dozen+ years. I know it can be frustrating to wet test and gather info rather than just go in and buy but a few weeks is nothing for something you'll have a long time so hang in there, you're doing fine.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 11:23:51 am »
Anyone interested in the scam I mentioned above, check it out on Ebay.......SHE'S BACK!!!!!!!! and the price has been lowered.  Type in "caldera hot tub" and it should take you to the post. 

According to the seller, the spa's serial number is;

NIB 3J3 116

That makes it a 2008
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 05:08:33 pm »
sure that's not an expiration date?..only kidding..just wondering how you translated that Doc :) ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

jb4265

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 07:37:18 pm »
Doc,
You could be correct.  I called Watkins direct and they stated the "J" in the serial number indicated it was a 2007.  Even so, I wonder what else she is not being truthful about.  She first said it was a 2009.  She told me she bought it from the dealer 2 months ago and the dealer had been out of business for a year.  She suddenly then remembers that she may have bought it in Dec. 2008..........makes me wonder enough not to take a chance.  I live 400 miles from the tub but if someone lived close it would be worth taking a look at.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »

According to the seller, the spa's serial number is;

NIB 3J3 116

That makes it a 2008

Actually a 2007.  J=2007 K=2008 L=2009 M=2010
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42