What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: single speed therapy pumps  (Read 3077 times)

going for broke

single speed therapy pumps
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:40:22 pm »
The spa I have decided on (clearwater tradition) has three single speed therapy pumps and one 30 gpm circ. pump. Almost all of the other spas I have looked at in this price range have had at least one if not two or three two speed pumps. Is this really a big deal?? I'm guessing that with the circ pump flowing so much water on it's own it won't be neccesary for one of the therapy pumps to kick on occasionally to filter the water??
there are two diverter valves to adjust the flow between chairs in the spa and of course you can also turn down the jets manually. I had done a little searching but didn't really come up with a clear answer.
thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

single speed therapy pumps
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:40:22 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: single speed therapy pumps
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 07:21:01 pm »
Two speed pumps are in spas for two main purposes:

1) They are used for filtering on spas that don't utilize a circ pump for that purpose,
2) They are used to create water flow for heating for spas that don't utilize a circ pump for that purpose,

Since the spa you are considering has a circ pump (my preference in fact) there is no requirement for a 2-speed pump. Sure some sales people will say the low speed gives a soft tissue massage but I think that's sales mumbo jumbo and if a spa company tomorrow decided to switch to a circ pump they'd proably drop to a single speed pump in a heartbeat. Single speed pumps are even more reliable long term than 2 speed pumps but not to the degree that the 2-speed pumps are a problem, just a side note (and the single speed pumps are cheaper when replacing).

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't give it a thought either way when deciding which spa to purchase.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

going for broke

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:58:58 pm »
Thanks for the quick answer.

I also like your signature line.. we recite that same line at work from time to time. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:58:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42