What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decision made -thanks for all of the help.  (Read 4096 times)

sbonder

Decision made -thanks for all of the help.
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:23:44 am »
I just wanted to take a minute to thank everybody for their words of wisdom.  I ended up wet testing a few D1 spas, a few different Artesians, and a few Maax Spas.  All had their merits. 

On D1 I found some of the bells and whistles of the Bay collection a bit underwhelming in practice.  The Chairman was really great and comfortable.  Artesian was very comfortable and the control of the Platinum Elite series was really cool. One of my favorite perks on any spa.   Overall, Artesian was very comfortable, but had a bit less pressure at the jets than the D1, which I thought was surprising given the pump configuration.  The Maax spas were much nicer than anticipated.  For some reason I looked at those with an presumption that I would not like them or the thermopan design.  I was wrong. Seating was comfortable as was the neck collar that I thought might bug me.  On the Maax top end models, pressure and jests were as good as the D1 or Artesian.

The local dealers were pushed me to my decision.  The D1 dealer has an "F" on the Better Business Bureau site.  I did not like that I would have to use this questionable dealer and only in extreme circumstances i might be able to get D1 involved directly.  The warranty requires that i first go through the dealer and that was not a selling point.

The Artesian dealer was super nice, helpful and I really was on the verge of buying from him.  Great reviews, good BBB rating, etc.  But, he did not have a Dove Canyon or any premium elite with a lounge for me to test.  I just could not pull the trigger without a wet test.

The Maax dealer could not be nicer and has an A+ on the Better Business Bureau.   He is also a friend of a friend, so I felt like I was getting a good deal and his personal reputation among a big group of friends was riding on my happiness with the spa.

So, I decided on the Maax 481 with premium package, sound, premium UV/ozone package, and lighting.   I considered the M6, their top of the line all inclusive, but the lounge was too short for me.  So glad I wet tested!!!!  I can recommend both the D1 and Maax dealers to people in Atlanta.  WET TEST!!!

Thanks again to everybody for the help.  I will try to remember to update on the tub after a few months.

Hot Tub Forum

Decision made -thanks for all of the help.
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:23:44 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Decision made -thanks for all of the help.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 03:02:44 pm »
Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it went.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 04:43:33 pm »
I just wanted to take a minute to thank everybody for their words of wisdom.  

Our wisdom is free for the taking to those who know enough to ask for it!!!

Congrats!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 04:43:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42