What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Air Lock FLO  (Read 3107 times)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Air Lock FLO
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:18:53 pm »
This probably belongs in the BEAT A DEAD HORSE section, but I didn't find what I was looking for using the search option.

I get the dreaded FLO message on my spa (Artesian Island)

I have drained, refilled the tub.  I even put the hose down the filter pipe.  I've even bled the pump hoping that would work (water came out, so I figured that would have cured it).

Crazy thing is that my spa pump will work in both high and low, but the low only works if I cycle it to high speed and then back to low speed.  This is a pain for me because the thermostat and heater don't kick the pump into high speed (just tries low speed, gets a FLO error and then shuts down)

Anybody got any ideas?
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

Air Lock FLO
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:18:53 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Air Lock FLO
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:39:51 pm »
I had a similar situation and it was a flow sensor, It was going to be a few days before the tech got there so the factory told me how to jumper the sensor to allow it run at least run up to temp, at which point I would have to do it again.  This at least allowed me to keep the tub from freezing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:40:29 pm »
 Kinda sounds like a sticky relay on the circuit brd?   Could be a pump issue, but its strange that you can kick into high spd then to low.  But when it calls for heat low doesn't kick in?

By what your describing it doesn't sound like a flow sensor problem though. 

Still under warranty?   And dumb question, but you don't have a circ pump right? 

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 05:41:32 pm »
I've been manually turning the pump on each evening.  Kinda stinks.

Filter cycle works because it goes on high speed first and then back down to low speed...but the thermostat only turns on the low speed pump.

Tub is about 4 years old and doesn't have circ pump
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »
 Sounds like a bad circuit brd.  By the fact the pump does run in low spd manually.   Hopefully someone may chime in with another idea.   Downfall with that is you have to replace the whole pak, I don't believe you can change just the board?  We haven't sold Artesian for about 5/6 years now.   

Good luck! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42