What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hello Im a new Altamar owner  (Read 3757 times)

cindyjo

Hello Im a new Altamar owner
« on: January 02, 2010, 04:52:52 pm »
Hello Everyone,
I just got a Sundance Altamar delivered 2 weeks ago. I am very glad I found this forum as I think you can help with my newbie questions. I live in New Jersey where it is is currently 25 deg. I went in my tub last week when it was 15 without a problem but it is very windy today which shortened my soak. I have already read about wind screens and we are considering many options
So far I love my tub and have pestered my dealer with tons of questions, mainly about all these chemicals but I think I got that straightened out.
We are considering our options in regard to a walkway to our tub and welcome any suggestions. The hot tub is just a few feet away from the bottom of our deck stairs but at the moment those few feet are the gravel that we used to level our space for the tub. I am careful, removing my shoes before entering, but some grit is getting into the tub which I then quicky remove with this grit grabber the dealer suggested.

Mainly I wanted to say Hello
Cindy

Hot Tub Forum

Hello Im a new Altamar owner
« on: January 02, 2010, 04:52:52 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Hello Im a new Altamar owner
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 05:10:38 pm »
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.  Sundance builds a nice hot tub.  I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment from it.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:17:24 pm »
Welcome Cindy, we are glad to have you. We put down a cheap runner (carpet) between our stairs and the hot tub stairs. It's about 6 feet. We wear our crocs right into the tub and then take them off.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

just ducky

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 05:48:17 pm »
...We wear our crocs right into the tub and then take them off.

We wear our cheap summer flip flops out to the tub, then leave them right on the step as we step in.  I like your idea of wearing them right in.  Unfortunately we have high's in the teens right now, and I'm afraid if I did that they would be frozen to the deck when I got out  :'(

NY_Ken

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 09:08:51 pm »

Hi Cindy,

Lowes has green outdoor rugs on a roll for about $5.00 per foot wide (@ 10 feet long). $10-$15 dolars will get you some nice rugs which are disposable in a years time. I use them on my concrete slab in the winter to prevent ice build up around the tub. That way I don't slip when I am in a hurry to open or close it when it's -10f at night.

Enjoy you tub!

Ken

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 03:00:57 pm »
A mat or rug will be a problem with rain, sleet or snow.  Build a small frame out of wolmerized 2 X 4's from the bottom of your step to the tub.  Cover the frame with decking leaving a half inch between each individual piece.  the water will run off the decking and snow/sleep can easily be pushed off.  You will be able to walk the few steps to the tub,  take off your flip flops without worrying about dirt, slush etc  getting in your tub

michiganwinter

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:24 pm »
Guess I am a bit lazy. We simply put down towels between the door and the tub, and take them up and wash them every few days (use the tub at least once, if not twice a day).

Congrats on a very nice tub BTW!

cindyjo

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:46:24 pm »
Thank you all for your welcomes and advice. Right now a layer of snow is preventing us from tracking the dirt into the spa and the fake grass carpet would be a quick fix. My husband wants to make a little walkway like Rick described so I will be showing him that post. Unfortunetely my husband is better with motors than he is with hammers so I was hoping to find something already made. The wind we had in NJ made going in the tub impossible this weekend but I did get a session in this afternoon and maybe I will jump in now... Goodnight Cindy

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:46:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42