What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: another cold weather question...  (Read 1969 times)

just ducky

another cold weather question...
« on: December 31, 2009, 07:51:28 am »
Still getting used to the cold weather (first winter with the tub).  When I pulled the cover off last night the straps were pretty stiff and tough to get out and then back in the snap-in connectors.  And it wasn't even that cold (27).  Any suggestions for making this easier, or keeping the strap material more pliable?  It's just a typical cover that came with the tub new.

Hot Tub Forum

another cold weather question...
« on: December 31, 2009, 07:51:28 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: another cold weather question...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:29:05 am »
Ducky, mine are in the same condition. They are hard frozen. It's not a big deal and I don't try to force the clips. So only one side of my tub is actually clipped right now. I will go out today when I check my water and clip the other when the sun softens that other strap. I guess you could try to defrost them (maybe a hair dryer) and I probably would have worried about it too when I was new to tubbing. But just over night, I don't worry if my cover isn't clipped right. I would never leave the tub unclipped if I wasn't home however...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:39:59 am »
I use a wind strap and leave the other straps uncliped. it's much easier to just pull loose one. I have customers that put tape, cloth or plastic over the clips in cold weather.

just ducky

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 01:46:02 pm »
I just worry that the wind might grab the cover.  I thought about the wind strap idea.  Guess I'll just see how it goes.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 01:46:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42