What's the Best Hot Tub

Poll

What is tripping the breaker?

xuz
0 (0%)
xyz
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Newbie - hot tub shuts down  (Read 2618 times)

Heinz57

Newbie - hot tub shuts down
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:24:44 am »
No history on this tub - 12 years old with Balboa controls. Initialy everything seemed to work except the temperature was not rising and the motors shut down after 10 minutes. A week ago we had a freeze which froze some if the water in the tub lines. Yesterday I replaced the heater element and also accidently pulled the wires out of the motor in the panel and reconnected them. What happened when I started the tub everything seemed normal - started but shut off after 15 seconds tripping the breaker. Now the breaker trips almost immediately - sometimes it counts down on the controll panel and if I reset the breaker repeatetly it does not even count down and shuts down immediately.

Even after a week could there still be ice in the lines (Never did freeze any of the water in the tub) ??
Is there something in the heater that could trip the breaker ??
Any suggestions ??

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie - hot tub shuts down
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:24:44 am »

RUBBER DUCK

Re: Newbie - hot tub shuts down
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 01:49:20 pm »
I had the same issue with my Arctic spa, I thought it was a major issue.  Turns out, I had a hoseline that was leaking and i guess the computer sensed the pressure loss or something.  I repaired the hose and have had no problems since.  check to see if you are leaking somewhere.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Newbie - hot tub shuts down
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 01:49:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42