What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The real value of a hot tub  (Read 2746 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
The real value of a hot tub
« on: December 20, 2009, 01:15:46 pm »
So my son comes home from college and we have to discuss grades, how to pay his tuition for spring and why he drives his pretty truck through creeks  :o.... My husband is stuck in Italy because we had a giant snow storm (and he wouldn't have made it anyway, they closed the airport in Florence because they also had a snow storm) :'(...The tree isn't decorated, the house is a mess and it was snowing to beat the band!!..So last night my son cleared the top of the tub and made a decent path to the steps of the tub. I haven't even used the tub for weeks and had actually entertained the idea of maybe selling it....My son headed out first and I followed...we soaked for over an hour and talked over all the concerns and  all the MOM issues. The snow was flying and we had the most amazing soak. When we came in, all the things that were driving me nuts were resolved and we had a plan for the things that needed to be done...

In the tub he couldn't text his friends or play video games or watch TV..it was a perfect environment for uninterupted discussion. 

And after the snowblower died this morning  >:( :(...we will definately be using the tub again tonight.... :)...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

The real value of a hot tub
« on: December 20, 2009, 01:15:46 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: The real value of a hot tub
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 07:21:07 pm »

And after the snowblower died this morning  >:( :(...we will definately be using the tub again tonight.... :)...
I went to start my snowblower as well and it wouldn't stay on for more than 30 seconds, if that. I was really pissed that I had to remove the snow by hand, luckily I had 3 other people helping me!

And I'm glad that hot tub therapy worked for you in relieving stress. My hot tub is still covered under the snow and I can't get to it from my back door. I had left my screen room door opened enough for my body to get out to the deck and get rid of the snow but we got a bird in the screen room and my wife has the door just wide enough for the dog.

bahiafan

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 02:39:40 pm »
My wife and I got custody of my son when he was entering the 8th grade.  He's now 20 and in the National Guard. 

I'll just say the hot tub probably saved our marriage.  Seriously.  We spent hours in that tub talking, griping, talking some more, planning, crying, laughing etc.  It is our escape and we've had it going on 4 years now.  My wife said recently, "I thought I'd like it but never did I think I'd like it THIS much!  It's the best investment we ever made." 

It's why we're taking it with us when we move from suburban Cleveland to Hidden Valley, PA next
month.  It's why I'm going to be building a pad in PA over Christmas vacation.  I just can't imagine ever being without one. 

Proud Bahia owners since 2006!

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:07:18 pm »
I agree....It is a great way to "unplug" everyone from today's distractions.
Otherwise, before you know it, you're just coming and going, and meeting each other at the door.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:07:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42