What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera mystery leak  (Read 3478 times)

tabasco813

Caldera mystery leak
« on: December 08, 2009, 08:27:08 pm »
Looking for some expert advice on a Caldera Martinique with a leak.  The service department at our local shop has been out and examined the ozonator and it appears to be fine.  They did find a small leak in a jet coupling that they repaired but that didn't solve the problem.  Something is leaking down onto the plastic bottom cover and running out in several places around the tub making it impossible to locate.  Do these tubs have a history of leaks with any particular parts?  If I were to take a shot and replace something, like the light seal, etc. what would be my most likely suspect?  My only option at this point seems to be to take an educated guess and go after one part or rip the tub out of the deck, take all the sides off, tear out all the expanded foam insulation, refill it and analyze it for a source.  Not really what I want to do in the midwest winter.  Any past experiance or suggestions out there??

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera mystery leak
« on: December 08, 2009, 08:27:08 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Caldera mystery leak
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 12:09:12 am »
You do not want to do this outdoors in mid-west winter.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Caldera mystery leak
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 12:09:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42