What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Overheating  (Read 4471 times)

Piazzon12

Spa Overheating
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:06:18 pm »
SPA is an Artesian Silver Class Spa
Gecko SSPA-1-P112-P212 Controller
Electronic Top Side push button/LED display Control
Stainless Flow Thru heater

My spa keeps overheating, and then being shut off by the overtemp. The Display shows three blinking dots, but also shows the correct temperature (at least when I catch it). I have never caught it in the act of overheating, only afterward once it has bee shut off (but temp has read up to 112 on the display). I flip the breaker on and off to clear the error, and then restart. My overtemp probe seems to be working, so is the issue the temperature probe (Gecko 9920-400262), or possibly some relay on the circuit board getting stuck with the heater on?

I do not believe this is related to the pumps.

Any ideas?!?

Thanks,
Adam

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Overheating
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:06:18 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa Overheating
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 02:14:23 pm »
 From what I remember 3 dots usually indicate a flow problem not a overheat issue.   Remove your filters see if the 3 dots go away.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:42:16 pm »
Most often it's low water or a dirty filter that causes that but the next most common is an interuption in the pump that supplies the heat return. If it's a circ pump it's dragging or if it's a 2  speed you could be losing low speed.

OH really doesn't just relate to overheat, it is an indication of a fault error of some kind but the things mentioned cause it. I've also seen a blockage in the flow or the pump itself.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:42:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42