What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Island Escape brand spa  (Read 6727 times)

rocko

Island Escape brand spa
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:48:01 pm »
Does anyone own one of these?  These are the factory direct spas at half the price.  Curious if anyone has any info on these.  Tough to buy online without looking at it in person!  I am curious about the quality.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Island Escape brand spa
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:48:01 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Island Escape brand spa
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:24:05 pm »
The value of the spa is what they are selling it for. It is not truly half off.  It is never sold for the inflated price.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:46:01 pm »
rocko, I found Island Escape Spas through Google. Pardon me if I'm off here, but is that your website? 95% of the links on the site go no where or do nothing, and a few of the links that actually go somewhere, go to a completely different site, selling spas.

The warranty appears to be in some foreign language, though Google doesn't seem to be able to translate it into English. I can't believe ANY ONE reading it would have any confidence in the company or a willingness to buy a spa from them.

Oops! I just ran a whois on the site, and it looks to be a part of the other site it links too.

hmmmmmmmmmmm. Is there an agenda here?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 09:12:32 pm »
rocko, I found Island Escape Spas through Google. Pardon me if I'm off here, but is that your website? 95% of the links on the site go no where or do nothing, and a few of the links that actually go somewhere, go to a completely different site, selling spas.

The warranty appears to be in some foreign language, though Google doesn't seem to be able to translate it into English. I can't believe ANY ONE reading it would have any confidence in the company or a willingness to buy a spa from them.

Oops! I just ran a whois on the site, and it looks to be a part of the other site it links too.

hmmmmmmmmmmm. Is there an agenda here?

That foreign language is lorem ipsum.  It's standard filler text used by graphic designers.

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:19:59 pm »
From ignore me, I'm a spammer which is probably the only dealer selling these:

"Click to visit the Island Escape Spas Manufacturer website for more information about our ignore me, I'm a spammer Chinese Manufactured Island Escape Spas"

These guys hit me up for an affiliate link about a year or so ago.  Their pitch was that they only sold spas and that our customers wouldn't be buying accessories from them and not us.  My response was "yeah right".  Sure enough, they've expanded their product line.  I wonder how many of my colleagues that gave them the link know they are now linking to a competing website and sending some of their pagerank with it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:19:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42