What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just wante to say hi  (Read 4198 times)

benalexe

Just wante to say hi
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »
It's been a while since I have been here so I just thought i would check in. Thank you everyone last yea for helping me get my tub running.  I really love having it.  Addmittingly I do not use it that much but when I do it is great. 

Hope everyone is well.

Hot Tub Forum

Just wante to say hi
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Just wante to say hi
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:42:26 pm »
Welcome back..Did you ever end up having the tub winterized last year? Or did you keep it running?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 11:02:47 pm »
Kept it running.... Got a new cover this summer so probably more efficient.

I actually just got out of the tub - Soak under the stars perfect night for it.

I still am debating on shutting it down.  Here is the reality... We will use is probably about 6 - 8 times between now and New Years.  Possibly a few more times.  Typically I leave it on econo and 8- degrees and if I want to use it I pump it up. (I did that today).   After Christmas we will probably not use it again until Mid to late April. (Possibly once or twice if there is a snow storm or if we just get the bug).

So If I keep it open... every week I have to run out and throw in some dichlor- No big deal.  I am running the electric all year.  so it take a hit on the bill.

If I shut it down... I have to spend hours of time on maintenance- blowing out the lines- covering - draining etc.  I run the risk of freezing pipes- and my biggest fear is drying out the motor seals and having a problem when i start it up again.   Correct me if i am wrong my my assumption is that the it is better for the tub to have the pumps and motor running than off.  The up side- No maintenance-  no ELECTRIC bill.

So it is an ongoing debate in my mind-  Probably good for another topic in itself. Would love to hear anyone ealese opinion  my guess is peeople will think I am crazy for not using it all winter.

benalexe

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 11:10:06 pm »
Wow I just was looking at some of the old posts... this place has been a ghost town. No one seems to have been here.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:21:38 am »
Been great soaking weather here last week and this week looks just as nice.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:06:45 pm »
been soaking weather here too...we got about 4 inches of rain..everything is soaking !! >:(
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 03:19:17 pm »
Glad to see a little action on the board!  It has been kind of slow.

Wow Benalexe....6-8 times of use between now and new year's eve??? You must not enjoy it as much as we do.  Ours will get 6-8 times of use within the next 2 weeks!!  It's starting to cool off here in Nebraska, and we're taking advantage of the hot tub...I used to dread fall and winter.  Now with the hot tub, I actually have something to look forward to!   I love it when the steam rises off the top of the water.  Nothing else like it....

benalexe

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 08:32:59 pm »
Glad to see a little action on the board!  It has been kind of slow.

Wow Benalexe....6-8 times of use between now and new year's eve??? You must not enjoy it as much as we do.  Ours will get 6-8 times of use within the next 2 weeks!!  It's starting to cool off here in Nebraska, and we're taking advantage of the hot tub...I used to dread fall and winter.  Now with the hot tub, I actually have something to look forward to!   I love it when the steam rises off the top of the water.  Nothing else like it....

Renee- it's like going to the Gym- never in the mood if I just look at the thing but feels great while I am doing it.

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 01:30:15 pm »
Man...I think about soaking in the hot tub during the day even.
We have our suits and towels easily accessible on a hook, so it's really easy to just hop in the tub. 
DH is in charge of turning music on....I'm in charge of opening up the tub.
And I have my dichlor pre-measured in a vitamin dispenser so that is not a chore. 
Time is my only enemy...if I only had a couple more hours in the day....

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 04:14:01 pm »
6-8 times between now and New Years? Seems like a waste to me. I use ours at least 5-7 times per week here in NY. Have had the tub for almost 4 years and keep it running all year round. Is it really a big hassle to get in and out? I use mine sometimes on my lunch hour some days. Most times after work or right before bedtime. It is easier to do since the kids are out of the house. Also I am secluded so no suits needed day or night. How much do the other folks on here use their tubs and how long have they had them?

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 03:20:00 pm »
 :D  AHAAA---your kids are out of the house!  Indeed, the times mine were elsewhere and I hopped in naked, it was very nice.  Easy and fast.  That happens maybe once a year.  It is indeed more time consuming to get a suit on but worse to peel it off when done. 

All in all, I just add it to my end of the evening schedule.  Load dishwasher, sweep floor, hot tub.
2005 HS Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 03:20:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42