What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How far from the fence?  (Read 2591 times)

dstreetmom

How far from the fence?
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:17:09 am »
We have a Sundance Cameo on order and I am now consumed with figuring out how to best orient it on the patio.  My favorite configuration (so that no one ends up looking straight at a fence!) would have the control panel thingy against a fence (oh no!).  I think this is the side of the spa that has access to the motor.... can anyone advise how much clearance is needed to get to the panel and service the spa?  Thanks!

Nancy

Hot Tub Forum

How far from the fence?
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:17:09 am »

Tommithy

Re: How far from the fence?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 11:03:17 am »
I'd say at least 36 inches.  48 inches would present some comfort room for any techs that may need to work on the tub.
2006 Marquis Epic

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 12:07:37 pm »
Congrats on your tub!  I have a 2007 Sundance Cameo, and absolutely love it.  Had it almost 2.5 years and haven't had any issues at all (knock on wood).

Anyway, unless they changed the configuration of the tub, the control panel is indeed above the access panel and the lounge seat.  However, there are two corner seats (on each side of the waterfall) across from the control panel.  People in those seats would be looking right at that fence.  Unless you mean the control panel which is the dimmer for the lights.  That panel is to the right of the cool-down seat.

dstreetmom

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 01:25:53 pm »
Thanks for the info - exactly what I needed to know :).

Nancy

P.S. I used to spend HOURS on this forum years ago.... then decided we just could not afford a spa and dropped off.  It's wonderful to finally be getting a spa after years (and years) of wanting one. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »
Its not a chain link fence is it?  It may not make a difference, but I was just thinking of touching a metal fence while climbing out of the tub.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42