What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Resurecting an old Hot tub  (Read 1810 times)

hurting hot tub

Resurecting an old Hot tub
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:29:34 pm »
I have just bought a new house in North Carolina and there is a Blue Ridge Spa in the backyard that looks as though it was left open for a while after it was drained and rain and dirt and slugs have accumulated, then the cover was put on.  I was told that it works but have yet to see it happen.  I have begun by draining the remaining water and cleaning out most of the large garbage that has accumulated.  I have never owned a hot tub and am looking for help to resurect this one from the dirty depths.  It was probably put in with the hous ein 1994 is my guess.  It is a four person hot tub.  All the parts are internal and seem to look in good condition.  If anyone can help let me know.  I am trying to learn what steps I should take.  I was going to fill it and try to get it running and then drain it a few times to filter out the remaining stuff.  Then add the chemicals and try to get it human ready.  Am I on the right track.  A step by step would be great.  Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Resurecting an old Hot tub
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:29:34 pm »

Flyonthewall

Re: Resurecting an old Hot tub
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »
pretty much the right idea.  you would want to use a jet cleaning product like spa system flush before draining it.  unfortunatly the odds of this abused spa being resurrected without considerable expense are long.  if you can fire it up with little expense it is worthwhile but i wouldn't recommend putting any money into it.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Resurecting an old Hot tub
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42