What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: heating a hot tub with wood boiler heat exchanger  (Read 5801 times)

Winchester300

heating a hot tub with wood boiler heat exchanger
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:20:26 am »
I am thinking about adding a zone valve heat exchanger to heat my hot tub in the winter. has anyone out there done this  and could you please advise how you have done this.
Thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

heating a hot tub with wood boiler heat exchanger
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:20:26 am »

alderman

Re: heating a hot tub with wood boiler heat exchanger
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 07:07:39 pm »
It can be done. I am in the process of researching and will be heating mine the same way. I am on here for the same reason as you, which is to find out the best way. I have been in the heating business for 20 years so hook up I will be doing. I have been looking for best way to pipe it in and still have the use of the electric heater for the summer. If you get any info my email is alderfield@live.com. I would also share my thoughts with you as well. I do know that you need to figure how many btu's you need to send to it to be of any use. At 5.5 kw I just need to convert into btu's and that will be a good place to start. You need an exchanger of sorts as running your spa water through your boiler system would be just plain nasty.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: heating a hot tub with wood boiler heat exchanger
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 07:07:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42