What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is my spa level?  (Read 2432 times)

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Is my spa level?
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:41:24 pm »
OK, I know its not level.  The day they installed it from our previous house, it was raining like a monsoon, and the spa pads were virtually impossible to level in the rain / mud that we were working in.

Question now is, (its a Tiger River Bengal btw), should I drain the tub, lift the spa pads from the muck and try and re-level them ?

For those who know the Bengal, its about two inches low in the jet stream area, plus a little high in the corner with the 10 jets.

Also the spa pads have a half inch gap between two of the four, so I'm a little concerned about that as well.

Thanks

Mark

Hot Tub Forum

Is my spa level?
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:41:24 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Is my spa level?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:45:41 pm »
  Might be a pain but I would say yes to a re-level.

golferm

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:56:16 pm »
Thanks JJ.

I've not paid yet for the move, plus they were supposed to come back the day the electrician was coming (couldn't install that day due the rain) and install my cover lifter - at which time we could have re-leveled before the fill, which also didn't happen.

golferm

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 05:37:59 pm »
Hot tub company is going to return and properly install cover lifter, and level the spa.

Here's a pic....

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:27:13 pm by golferm »

golferm

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 12:28:59 pm »
Here are some pics of the new install, still un level. 

zroger73

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 01:04:31 pm »
Yikes! ...and to think I'm picky about one side of my tub being 1/4" higher than the other due to the run-off slope in the slab!

Gaps and cracks are no good. They gives bugs and critters an easy path to take up residence in the cozy, warm environment and ruin the controls.

If I were you, I'd discard those spa pads and pour a proper slab. The current setup is greatly stressing the structure and shell of the spa and encouraging cracks and leaks.

What is up with all those foamy bubbles?!?! Is the jet pump running with the air valve open only on one jet or is that from the ozone generator? If it's the latter, that's mighty alarming.

2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

golferm

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 01:01:18 pm »
Good question about the bubbles.  I've had the spa for a few years now and this is the first time I've seen that.  I run Nature 2 silver ion purifier, with the chlorine shock.

When they first dropped the tub off, I had the N2 cartridge in from our previous house.  The cartridge was only a month old, so I thought I could re-use it.  I didn't get the normal crystal clear water, so I chucked it and used a new one.  I'm still not getting the water clarity and these bubbles keep coming up.

I've left a msg for the dealer saying that I've waited over a month for them to come and re-level the spa and now and I need some action!!!!

golferm

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 12:21:03 pm »
Dealer is coming Thursday to reset and level the spa.

Those bubbles are being generated when the jet pumps are not on, only the circ pump with ozone.  So is the ozone generator broken??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 12:21:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42