What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Neglected tub  (Read 1629 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Neglected tub
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:23:42 am »
When I left for vacation on June 19th, I shocked my tub, turned the temp down to 80 cut my filtration cycles to 1 hour twice a day and hoped for the best. When I returned on Juy 6th, the tub was still crystal clear so I decided to see how long it could stay clear without intervention. It's now 2 months later, I have done nothing other than check the tub to be sure the water level was correct. The water is crystal clear and smells fine. The Spa Frog has assured the level of bromine needed to maintain sanitizer. I am impressed!!  :) :)

I need to change the water before fall, but probably will let the tub go like this until night temps cool off and I am ready to heat it back up.... :) :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Neglected tub
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:23:42 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Neglected tub
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:13:57 pm »
Just remember a clear tub is not a clean tub ... before entering the tub, shock it.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:20:43 pm »
Actually Vinny, I just want it to stay clear until I get the ambition to empty it and do a refill. So I will shock it really well, run ALL of the jets, leave it overnight  and then empty the tub and refill...probably after I get my son off to college next week.  Then I guess it is get ready for fall and winter (the best hot tubbing weather). ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:20:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42