What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need a New Cover...any suggestions  (Read 5525 times)

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
Re: Need a New Cover...any suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 10:39:50 am »
Doc-
http://www.rhtubs.com/covers/insulate.htm
then select the warranty hyper link.  A pop up appears and the quote I listed earlier is right in the terms and conditions of the warranty.

Please take this the right way.  I am also an on-line store.  I have been open for over 6 years and like a garden, my site has weeds.  There are old T and C's on the site and contradicting terms that my customers or reps find every once in a while. 

Just a note-  in my industry restocking fees are very common. 15-25 %.  We have a return rate of about 2-3%.  We always thought that the restock fee kept people from returning stuff.....could be good....short term but mostly it just pissed off the customers.  Last July we went to a no hassle return policy.   If you bought it from us...within 90 days return it for a full refund, no restocking fees.  Our return rate is still at 2-3%  We never get any complaints and customers love the policy.

Our biggest fear was that we would end up with tons of returns.  It just did not happen and we got the goodwill benefit along the way.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 10:39:50 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 12:26:22 pm »
I was more concerned with the "70-80 dollars for a consumer to ship it just one way", and if those numbers were somewhere on our site. The warranty I know. I've thought about adding something to it to try and explain that we will attempt to take care of any warranty issues by phone and with pictures...but then, if it gets to the point where it's just not possible, someone will insist on it. It's almost always very easy to work with someone over a warrant issue, but every so often...well, it always amazes me the creativity of some attempted warranty fraud.

Like you, I have the weeds too. With hundreds of web pages, it's just not possible to be perfect.

I never take things the wrong way :-)...actually I love suggestions and criticism. It give me the opportunity to see things through someone elses eyes.

We've always taken anything back a customer doesn't want, or like. The only requirement is it has to be "unused" and in brand new re-sellable condition. The only thing we charge a restocking fee for is coverlifts as they ALWAYS have to be completely repackaged.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 02:37:13 pm »
Looks like we may have some e-commerce tips to share with each other.  Not for this forum I suppose...

what is your email and I will contact you directly.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 02:40:46 pm »
Check your PM's (there should be two, as I'm looking for a phone cord :-)

Speaking of warranties...looks like the spa cover business sometimes mirrors the spa business  ;D ;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250481614999&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D250481614999%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 02:42:24 pm by Dr. Spa™ »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 07:07:44 pm »
I have gotten a few covers from Doc for my customers, and they were fine. they were very obviously made from the top-notch materials inside and out. They lived out their lives in peace and quiet, not gaining weight and not coming apart at the seams. One of them was the perch for a medium-sized mutt, which any cover-maker will tell you is not good. But we had ordered the extra dense foam, and it lived for over six years. The cover. I don't know how long the dog lived.

I also get them from Ideal. I have had Ideal ask me to box up a cover encasement (the out skin) and ship it back to them on a couple of occasions, but they are not far from my dealership so the cost was not more than ten bucks UPS. They remade the covers in question - or they may have repaired them, but whatever they did the encasement looked like new and the customers were happy with them.

These are two large companies - name brands. I would go with either one.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 10:39:34 pm »
I have had Doc's cover for two weeks now.  Got the thicker one to try to save a few energy bucks.  

I have a Hot Springs Spa and didn't think about the cover lifter brackets at order time.  I called them after the delivery and they shipped them out to me no problem!  Great service and very friendly.  Love the cover!!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:02:47 pm by timcreech »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 10:39:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42