What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Ocean Family Fun & Fitness Spa  (Read 7491 times)

Water Boy

Arctic Ocean Family Fun & Fitness Spa
« on: August 11, 2009, 01:02:23 pm »
Arctic Spas have a new spa available called the Arctic Ocean, Family Fun & Fitness spa. It is similar to the other Arctic Spas, but much bigger like a swim spa. You can use it like a pool or a spa, or both if you want. It measures at 171" x 94.5" x 52" tall. It holds about 1600 gallons or so. It's available in five different jetting packages as well. I haven’t seen one in person yet, but they look pretty cool in the pictures. I attached a video of one, and some pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr2UoAs2hCY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstores%2Eshop%2Eebay%2Eco%2Euk%2FArctic%2DSpas%2DWarrington%5F%5FW0QQ%5FarmrsZ1&feature=player_embedded

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Ocean Family Fun & Fitness Spa
« on: August 11, 2009, 01:02:23 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Arctic Ocean Family Fun & Fitness Spa
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 07:34:01 pm »
I have sold very few exercise tubs over the years, because I always ask this question: are you exercising NOW? If you can get yourself to go to a club, or swim at a friend or relative's pool on a regular basis, then you are a candidate. Otherwise, don't spend the money in hopes of starting.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Summitman

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:29:48 pm »
Its a pretty sweet tub/fitness spa if you ask me.  Thanks for posting Beerman.  Wish I would have waited a couple years to get my spa now.

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:45:38 pm »
I have sold very few exercise tubs over the years, because I always ask this question: are you exercising NOW? If you can get yourself to go to a club, or swim at a friend or relative's pool on a regular basis, then you are a candidate. Otherwise, don't spend the money in hopes of starting.

I know what you mean as I have never sold a swimspa before either. But, it was on our website for only one day, and I had two phones calls asking about it, which kind of shocked me really. So, maybe it will be more popular than we think. I think maybe people will use it more as a hot tub/pool versus a excerise tub, but it would work for that too. This could also be a perfect option for the above groud pool customer that doesnt want a huge pool with little prep work to get one. Time will tell I guess.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:10:46 am »
Imagine taking the cover off and on again,  imagine replacing the cover.  So many people buy spas and end up not using them as much as they thought they would (not me!).  I would love to go visit 10 of these 1 year after and see how they are doing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 10:51:04 am »
Imagine taking the cover off and on again,  imagine replacing the cover.  So many people buy spas and end up not using them as much as they thought they would (not me!).  I would love to go visit 10 of these 1 year after and see how they are doing.

The cover is no harder to open then any other smaller spa. It comes with two smaller covers instead of using one great big cover. The covers are 5 inches tapered to three inches. You can also install cover lifter assists on both ends just like any other spa to help with opening them if one wanted.

Pathfinder

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 12:36:45 pm »
It looks nice but why wouldn't a proper entry step be designed into the tub & if you use end to end cover lifters where would you get in? It would probably make more sense to have one normal fold & one reverse fold cover.

Summitman

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 12:39:49 pm »
you should have said it was a HS brand of spa Beerman then everyone would love it.

Water Boy

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 12:51:54 pm »
It looks nice but why wouldn't a proper entry step be designed into the tub & if you use end to end cover lifters where would you get in? It would probably make more sense to have one normal fold & one reverse fold cover.

Good point. Again I havent seen one is person yet, so not sure where the best place to step in would be. You could step in pretty easily it looks like on both sides of the spa on either end into those bucket seats. Or you could install a lift on one end and not the other. Could be a couple of different options there.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 02:44:53 pm »

The cover is no harder to open then any other smaller spa. It comes with two smaller covers instead of using one great big cover. The covers are 5 inches tapered to three inches. You can also install cover lifter assists on both ends just like any other spa to help with opening them if one wanted.

Then its twice as hard  :D   I am not poo-pooing this spa, but an uneducated gut feel might be its usage might drop after a few months, like many spas (not ours). I would like to look at a random 4 or 5 a year after the sale to see.   I've been married 28 years, I know I can be wrong on occasion.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 05:33:11 pm »
you should have said it was a HS brand of spa Beerman then everyone would love it.

Now that's funny!!! Not only that but we soooo get it where many consumers wouldn't!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 05:33:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42