What's the Best Hot Tub

Poll

How do you decide?

Should I get a Master Spa or Hot Spring?
0 (0%)
Should I keep looking?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: First Time Spa Buyer  (Read 4143 times)

nicksmom

First Time Spa Buyer
« on: August 10, 2009, 12:47:16 am »
I just started looking at hot tubs over the past month.  I originally thought I would get one from Costco because of the price, but quickly decided that was  not a good option when I found out it was delivered 'curbside"!  I also thought I would be able to get something nice for our family (my husband and I and three kids) for about $5000, but quickly found out that was not happening!!! There are a bunch of dealers by my and I found a Master Spa Twilight Series TS7.2 ($6500) and a Hot Spring Limelight Flair ($7500) that we liked.  Both came with steps, cover and cover lifter.  I thought I would do some research on the web to see what I could find, but I had no luck. Does anyone own either of these units?  Any info would be a great help.  There were 'wet tests' available at both dealers, but neither of the models I chose were available to wet-test.  Both places only had one or two tubs filled.
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

First Time Spa Buyer
« on: August 10, 2009, 12:47:16 am »

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
Re: First Time Spa Buyer
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:11:41 am »
Many of the tubs I wet tested were dry.....just ask them to fill them.  If they are motivated to move product they will fill the tub.  Don't buy a tub that you have not tested!

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 11:58:58 am »
I would say go with the Hot Spring over the Master any day - hands down.  Master does not have a good reputation.  Hot Spring has an excellent reputation.

There are other brands that you should look at as well.

Jacuzzi, Sundance (same ownership), Caldera (Same ownership as Hot Spring), Marquis are some of the brands.  There are others out there that are good quality tubs and are good companies.  I would just stay away from Master.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 12:22:46 pm »
Welcome to the forum. For your poll, I would vote, yes, buy the hot springs and yes to keep looking.  You will probably be happy with the Limelight.  I've gone into look at them and would consider it.  But keep looking, I believe as a buyer the power is in your hands. If your honest with dealers and they see you more than once, they make shake loose and fill a tub for you.   Please continue to come back and share your experience with us.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 12:22:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42