What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vanguard vs Jacuzzi 365 or 470  (Read 8333 times)

rcnitro

HS Vanguard vs Jacuzzi 365 or 470
« on: May 17, 2009, 07:52:21 pm »
After much research and shopping around we have narrowed it down to 2 spas. The HS Vanguard and the Jacuzzi 365 or 470. They are both pretty much what we are looking for in a tub. The Jacuzzi seemed very nice and we have read good things about them. The HS seemed very nice as well and after playing around with the jets with our hands, the HS had a bit more of a therapuetic feel to them. Not to mention they are always spoken well of. It is also our understanding the HS tubs are some of the cheapest to operate in the way of electric and chemicals. We have yet to wet test or start really talking deals. The Jacuzzi was a bit cheaper as far as what the tag stated. This is a major purchase for us and we dont want to make a mistake. Any advice, tips or opinions on these would be great!

For those in the central Ohio area, one tub is at All Seasons Spas and the other is at Scioto Valley in Columbus. Any opinions on these dealers would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
Sean
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:01:41 pm by rcnitro »
2009 Jacuzzi J-365

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vanguard vs Jacuzzi 365 or 470
« on: May 17, 2009, 07:52:21 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: HS Vanguard vs Jacuzzi 365 or 470
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 09:26:36 pm »
All I can add is after a year we are still very happy with our Jacuzzi J-470. I relax in it early in the morning and before I retire for the evening. We have found that the quality of our Jacuzzi is excellent. I also like how the Jacuzzi injects the air into the jets. The front left seat is to die for. Also the two jets under the waterfall work great on the lower back. Anyway everyone finds the tub that is right for them, for us it was and is the Jacuzzi J-470.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:33:53 pm »
You are choosing from two of the best brands.  Both are very energy efficient and well-built.  The new 2009 Vanguard is pretty cool with the new control and lighting.  I finally saw one for the last time in person last week.

In my opinion, your decision will really need to come down to wet testing and your comfort level with your dealer.  You may find that when you wet test, one of them really fits you better.  Regardless of which brand, that should be your leading choice.  If you are comfortable with both dealers, then the wet test will really be your best indicator.  

Usually both Hot Spring and Jacuzzi have pretty good dealers.  As always, there are exceptions, so ask your dealers for references.  Then contact the references to see how happy they've been with the dealership.

Good luck in your search.  Both are great spas.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

rcnitro

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:13:45 am »
Thanks alot for your input! We are going to take a closer look at the Jacuzzi's again as it has been awhile since we looked at them. Probably this week. I am going to post this on the new forum as well. Thanks again!!
2009 Jacuzzi J-365

just ducky

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:58:18 am »
You are choosing from two of the best brands.  Both are very energy efficient and well-built.  The new 2009 Vanguard is pretty cool with the new control and lighting.  I finally saw one for the last time in person last week.

In my opinion, your decision will really need to come down to wet testing and your comfort level with your dealer.  You may find that when you wet test, one of them really fits you better.  Regardless of which brand, that should be your leading choice.  If you are comfortable with both dealers, then the wet test will really be your best indicator.  

Usually both Hot Spring and Jacuzzi have pretty good dealers.  As always, there are exceptions, so ask your dealers for references.  Then contact the references to see how happy they've been with the dealership.

Good luck in your search.  Both are great spas.

Pretty much seconding what Vanguard said.  We just bought a new tub in March, and we were down to those two brands as well, although different models.  But upon the advice of many on this board, and others, we wet tested a lot of tubs, and trust me...that was the difference.  Without mentioning brands, the one that seemed like a better fit dry, was very clearly not the best feeling during the wet test. So had we not wet tested, and some of them we wet tested twice to try to compare, we would have likely made a mistake.  So my best advice is WET TEST!!!

The only other advice I can offer, is again mirroring what Vanguard said about dealers...make sure you have a reputable dealer in your area.  In addition, ask about service should you need it.  One of the things that was a drawback for HS in my particular area is that even though the dealer is less than 5 miles away, their service is done from a central location about an hour from me.  In talking with two friends who have HS tubs, they said it had been an issue getting timely service from HS.  Not a terrible thing, but just one of those details you may want to consider and discuss with the dealers.  

mjb

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 03:11:01 pm »
You may also want to check the company's
BBB reports and perhaps ask them if they any
existing customers in your neck of the woods
that you can speak with.

rcnitro

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:34:42 pm »
Thanks for the added advice guys! This truly helps! I got a quote back on the HS Vanguard so heres the deal on that.

HS Vanguard: set-up and elivered with complete electric, cover & lifter, steps, start-up chemicals, a new cover after 2 years, priority service and lifetime chem discounts.

All this for $10,100. Does this sound like a fair deal?
2009 Jacuzzi J-365

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 08:19:03 pm »
 Electrical included is a very good deal unless they are just talking about the GFCI box they include specific for there spas?

New cover after 2 years doesn't make sense?

Spa for spa I like the 470 better but I am a bit biased.  To look at the two side by side the 470 looks better raised back with waterfall and lights is beautiful at night, and in my opinion the 470 has more to offer therapy wise.    Both are nice spa's either way defiantly try them before you buy one!!!  

Where is Jacuzzi coming in price wise??

rcnitro

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:52:20 pm »
Hey Jim! Actually the complete electric is included in that deal. I too thought the new cover after 2 years was odd but hey, I would take it and store it til the first one goes bad.

As far as the 470 goes, we havent been to that dealer for awhile and havent got an actual quote. We hope to get there this week sometime. Any idea what I could expect to pay for the 470?
2009 Jacuzzi J-365

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 10:24:12 pm »
Thanks for the added advice guys! This truly helps! I got a quote back on the HS Vanguard so heres the deal on that.

HS Vanguard: set-up and elivered with complete electric, cover & lifter, steps, start-up chemicals, [glow]a new cover after 2 years[/glow], priority service and lifetime chem discounts.

All this for $10,100. Does this sound like a fair deal?

New cover after two years?? That seems very strange to me. I have never heard of such a thing. I would go back and tell them that you want to use your first cover for a few years longer than two, and see how much more they will knock off. Do they expect their cover will need to be replaced in two years?? :-?
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 10:27:55 pm »

New cover after two years?? That seems very strange to me. I have never heard of such a thing. I would go back and tell them that you want to use your first cover for a few years longer than two, and see how much more they will knock off. Do they expect their cover will need to be replaced in two years?? :-?

I wondered on that too and figured it probably means u get a free cover anytime after two years because it really should last 4+ years.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:31:34 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rcnitro

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 10:38:37 pm »
Well...we went today and bought a new Jacuzzi 365. We wet tested it and the HS Vanguard and liked them both very well but liked the seating in the Jacuzzi a little better. We are getting ready to pour the pad for it now and should be ready for it soon. The wife and I are very excited! Ill let you guys know when we get it.

Thanks for everyones help and input!! ;)
2009 Jacuzzi J-365

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 01:09:43 pm »
   Congrats on the purchase you made a good choice!! Would love to see some pics when you get it installed.  ;)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 01:25:10 pm »
Welcome to the Jacuzzi family.
You were wise to pick from two excellent brands.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Vanguard

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 07:47:28 pm »
Congrats on your purchase.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 07:47:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42