What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Super Lift 2 - cover lifter from Ideal  (Read 4670 times)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Super Lift 2 - cover lifter from Ideal
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:43:24 am »
Anyone have any experience with, or knowledge of, this cover lifter?

It appears to be the perfect lifter for my situation but it remains a mystery... at least according to google...

All I've learned is that in one opinion it is "THE most difficult lifter to install". I've looked at the installation instructions and have no problem with that.

Anyone?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:45:07 am by empolgation »
e

Hot Tub Forum

Super Lift 2 - cover lifter from Ideal
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:43:24 am »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Super Lift 2 - cover lifter from Ideal
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:06:26 am »
This link says "very easy to install"

The Super Lift 2 adjusts to fit any cover up to 99". It's tension springs assist lifting
your cover not only off, but back on your spa as well. The cover is then stored alongside
in as little as 15" of clearance. Made of powder coated light weight steel tubing, it comes
to you 90% pre-assembled. Please note this cover lift will only work on spas that are at
least 27" high. Designed for spas with square or rectangular cabinets 27" or more in
height, with or without rounded corners. The powerful tension-spring mechanism and
patented design will make even bulky covers seem light! For covers up to 99" wide.
Very easy to install.

http://www.spacare.com/superlift2-1.aspx

http://www.spacare.com/superlift2install1html.aspx

empolgation

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »
Ha - yep, Zep that link is exactly where I found it and am considering buying.

I'd love to hear about any experience.
e

empolgation

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:22:43 pm »
I wanted to update y'all regarding my experience with the super lifter 2 since no one here seems to have had any experience with it.

In Short: TERRIBLE - lifter not as advertised.

Longer version:

While some measuring was needed for the install I found it to be relatively simple to install - that was the easy part. Once installed it completely failed to function as advertised.

All documentation available about the lift states in the operating instructions that "The cover should not touch the ground" in the open position. And that was the precise reason I chose to purchase this lift as I have no ground below where the cover would be in the open position (the tub sits at the end of a deck).

Once installed, I used the lift to open the cover and lo and behold the entire thing wants to fall off of the deck in the open position. Not only does the lift not perform as advertised but its design also was successful at ripping the stitching on my cover. Upon contacting the company, Ideal Spa Covers, and sending pictures and detailed information over a period of time they instructed me that I "Discontinue use at once as it is dangerous. Thank you".

They went as far as to confirm that I did indeed install correctly and the reason it wasn't functioning as expected was that it needed to come in contact with the ground.

So now I have a newly purchased lifter that is non-functional and tears in my cover because of it and the company Ideal Spa Covers will no longer respond to any of my correspondence.

At least you, the reader, can benefit from my experience and be sure to not purchase or recommend any such product from Ideal Spa Covers.
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:22:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42