What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Interesting Used Spa Article  (Read 4193 times)

Vanguard

Interesting Used Spa Article
« on: May 19, 2009, 03:35:21 pm »
IM3 Launches Online "Used Spa Lot"

The Integrated Marketing Firm — IM3 — recently launched the first of several niche Web initiatives, bringing the "used car lot" concept to the Web to market used hot tubs. While dealers take in several used tubs on trade, many don't have the floor traffic to turn the used inventory.

IM3 launched UsedSpaLot.com on an e-commerce platform, giving users the functionality of popular auction sites without the auction, says Dave Frakes, CEO.

Online shoppers can search for products across the country and click "Buy It Now" or "Make an Offer." Future upgrades to the site will include links to receive freight quotes, extended warranty information, water-care-expert locator, and service/installation locators.

"Unlike auction sites and Craigslist, UsedSpaLot.com provides basic information buyers will need and links to experts that can help them once they get their spa home," says Frakes.

For more information visit http://www.usedspalot.com
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Interesting Used Spa Article
« on: May 19, 2009, 03:35:21 pm »

Jrstang

Re: Interesting Used Spa Article
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:47:06 pm »
Save yourself time and money, you dont want a used spa, especially one bought online! I understand if there was a return and a manufacturer warrants and repairs anything wrong with the spa. I actually refered my neighbor to the company i bought my tub from here in AZ, They were great but he could not afford a new one. I got the chiller spa here in AZ from Atera Spas. It actually has a built in refrigeration unit so i can keep it cool in the summer. My wife hates hotttt water so its perfect for us, especially when its 110 degrees outside, we set it at 80! its great.

I once bought a spa from craigslist used, what a nigtmare. The only saving grace was that Atera gave me 500 bucks for a trade in!

Thank God

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 02:28:22 pm »
Used spas can be a good deal but its really hit and miss. The key is to NEVER buy a used spa from another consumer without seeing it in operation. If you get one from a dealer where they've taken it in trade and refurbished it you should be able to get a 60 day+ warranty.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:56:14 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 02:47:45 pm »
hmmmmmmmmmm, same spammer from the other board?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 03:29:22 pm »

Hey now.  I'm no spammer.  I just saw the article and thought it was interesting.  I agree with the posts on here.  I would never buy a used spa online.  I don't think these folks will get very far with this idea.  

Trust me, I have nothing to do with these.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 04:56:33 pm »
I wasn't referring to you vg  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 04:56:50 pm »

Hey now.  I'm no spammer.  

LOL, I don't think he was referring to you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 05:10:21 pm »

Yep!
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 05:38:16 pm »
Ok.  Missed that.  I don't check the "other" board very often.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 05:38:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42