What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacing a hot tub cover  (Read 1921 times)

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
Replacing a hot tub cover
« on: September 02, 2009, 04:04:30 pm »
Hello to everyone!

I've been away from this board for awhile now but a couple of issues have come up that I could use some help with from the knowledgeable folks here. First of all our hot tub will hit the 5 year old period this fall and we have noticed that the cover is starting to show some wear and tear. Is there any magic timetable that suggests that a cover should be replaced every x number of years or do you simply replace it when you can no longer stand to look at it or your spouse tells you to replace it?

Second question, we have been very fortunate in the fact that out HT has not required any repair work over the past five years but we wonder if it would be wise to ask the dealer to send someone out to check the plumbing guts as I call them to make sure every thing would appear to be running correctly.

Any thoughts or comments in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Replacing a hot tub cover
« on: September 02, 2009, 04:04:30 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Replacing a hot tub cover
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 04:47:17 pm »
Knock on wood.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:17:04 pm »
The dealer will not get paid for coming out to check the tub, not by the factory. I have some customers who ask for this service, and I usually will do it for free if they live close to the store.

As to the life expectancy of a spa cover - in your backyard, with your weather and amount of use, I would say that it should start looking bad around five years of age.

:-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 03:46:05 pm »
My dealer offers this service for a reasonable fee.  They do a thorough check of all the components and replace anything that is weak or has been updated by the factory.  I had the service done, however any upgrades had already been performed and all else was in good shape.  I believe they charged about one hundred dollars two years ago.  Can't say if it was worth it but it does give peace of mind.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 03:46:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42