What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: aquasafe 90  (Read 5140 times)

kokanee001

aquasafe 90
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:47:48 pm »
Anyone had any experience using the Aquasafe 90 system for keeping their hot tub water clean and sanitized? I ran across this the other day and, apparently, it's an alternative method of treating the water with natural seaweed enzymes rather than "toxic" chemicals like chlorine.

Don't know if it's cheaper, better or if it's just another "snake oil" product. According to what I read on their site, you just pour in a bottle once a month and basically forget about it until you change the water three months down the road. (Still have to shock once a week.)

Sounds a lot simpler than what I'm doing now, always trying to keep the chemicals in proper balance, which is the normal method suggested by my tub manufacturer and by my dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

aquasafe 90
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:47:48 pm »

kokanee001

Re: aquasafe 90
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:33:49 am »
Upon further digging, I see it's sold in the US (the aquasafe 90 was sold in the UK) as Natural Hot Tub Co. Water Treatment. The selling group is called Cre8ive Enzymes.

Seems a bit on the pricey side; however, the part that turns me off more is that they recommend the filters be cleaned at least once weekly. :(

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 12:58:58 pm »
And it needs to have chlorine still....the only EPA approved sanitizers are bromine, chlorine and Biguinade. Nature 2 with MPS also has passed, with a note of dichlor when needed.

I rinse my filters out weekly, or bi weekly anyway because we use our tub every night. It is the easiest way to help keep your water clean, but I did try this system last summer, posted some results here and in another forum. I had to keep a level of chlorine higher than 1 ppm or the water got yucky. I noticed a differece in the first few weeks of softer "fresh" water, but afterwards no differnce. It had its pros and cons, I found it was not for me. Nature 2 is a much better solution with MPS and a lower chlorine IMO.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 02:11:57 pm »
It always bugs me when people use the term toxic with talking about chlorine, yes it does fit the definition but most of the food we eat will fit that definition.

Chlorine is completely safe to use when used properly as most chemicals and food are.  Without the use of chlorine in this world what would this planet be like? Maybe a billion or tow less people, well that is not such a bad thing.  ;D

Reminds me of the morons that think guns kill people, I myself have never seen a gun get up and point itself at anybody let alone pull the trigger.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 02:39:40 pm »

Without the use of chlorine in this world what would this planet be like? Maybe a billion or tow less people, well that is not such a bad thing.  ;D

Scientific estimates I tend to believe are more like 80% fewer people. Which equates to roughly 5.6 billion less.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

kokanee001

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 02:41:18 pm »
I took the word "toxic" from their site; it was not my adjective.

Thanks for the feedback, HHT. That's good to know. Neither site ever mentioned having to use chlorine at all.

I'm staying with what I have.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 02:41:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42