What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Aria vs Arctic Frontier  (Read 3640 times)

MrTubs

HS Aria vs Arctic Frontier
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:28:51 am »
Which one I choose?

Any ideas? Kinda same options (frontier has Ozone)

Hot Tub Forum

HS Aria vs Arctic Frontier
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:28:51 am »

Vanguard

Re: HS Aria vs Arctic Frontier
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 04:00:11 pm »
I think the only way you're going to figure this one out is to wet test them both.  Try out every seat for at least a few minutes.  Write down on a scale of 1-10 what you thought of that seat.  Do that with both spas.  Putting it down in writing might help you see which spa is for you.

If they come out equal, flip a coin.  If you like the result of the coin flip then go with that spa.  If you all of a sudden have a bummer feeling about the flip, go with the other.  Sometimes having some arbitrary thing take a choice out lets you see how you feel about them.

We could all post which spa we think you should buy, but that won't do you any good.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:43:56 am »
I can answer any questions regarding the Frontier.  I agree that wet testing will allow you to feel the tubs.  Even though (in my opinion) the Arctic Spa is more energy efficient, built with accessibility to upgrade and fix for a long lasting quality tub.  If the HS is more comfortable to you it doesn't matter how the tubs are built.  

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:47:12 am »
I don't know that the Frontier is more or less energy efficient than the Aria.  I'm sure HTG has seen a study that claimed Arctic to be superior to Hot Spring in efficiency.  I've seen it.  I've also seen a paper disputing that study since the tubs that were tested weren't tested concurrently.  Plus, they were tested under different circumstances.

BOTH tubs are very energy efficient.  You can't let that be your deciding factor because the difference will be slim to none.  Both are well insulated even though they use different methods.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:39:47 am »
I don't know that the Frontier is more or less energy efficient than the Aria.  I'm sure HTG has seen a study that claimed Arctic to be superior to Hot Spring in efficiency.  I've seen it.  I've also seen a paper disputing that study since the tubs that were tested weren't tested concurrently.  [glow]Plus, they were tested under different circumstances[/glow].

BOTH tubs are very energy efficient.  You can't let that be your deciding factor because the difference will be slim to none.  Both are well insulated even though they use different methods.

Vanguard has the study a little mixed up. The spas were NOT tested under different circumstances. They were all tested under a controlled environment following a specific set of parameters and conditions. No one said that the study is an exact science, but it is a good indicator. But, there are several differences between spas as far as filtration cycles that don’t make it and exact science, but it does prove that the Arctic Spa can be as efficient if not more efficient than the FF spas, and their is no discrediting that. Here is a link to the test that was done for those that want to see it:
http://www.arcticspas.com/downloads/performance/Thermal%20Performance%20Test%20of%20Spas.pdf

Also Vanguard can you please post a link to the paper disputing the test? I have never seen that and would like to if you have a link.

But, I do agree with Vanguard that both spas are going to be energy efficient for ya. Both spas come from solid manufactures, and both are backed by good warranties. I would recommend wet testing both and see which dealer you feel most comfortable with. Good luck! :)

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 04:14:12 pm »
To be honest, it has been so long since I've read both documents that I may have some of the incidentals incorrect.  But the result was the same, you couldn't judge what was more or less energy efficient by the study.  But, you could see that both spas were very energy efficient.  I think the gallons were different, too.  And that might have been part of why they weren't apples to apples tests.  But again, it's been a long time, so I'm not positive.

There wasn't a link to this.  It was a printed document that I read and I don't have it any longer.  I'll see if I can't dig it up, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 04:14:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42