What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: H.S. Spa colors  (Read 5686 times)

atom12

H.S. Spa colors
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:56:10 am »
Any thoughts on the Hot Springs color palate? I think I like the Pearl/redwood combo best but the dealer has a sterlingmarble/expresso Vanguard in stock. I will not need to wait if we go with the in stock tub. Any negatives with the expresso outer casing or sterling interior?

Hot Tub Forum

H.S. Spa colors
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:56:10 am »

Vanguard

Re: H.S. Spa colors
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:24 am »
Assuming that would go with your backyard, I think you'd do well with that combination.  I think it is one of the best looking combinations HS has.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:13:56 am »
Any thoughts on the Hot Springs color palate? I think I like the Pearl/redwood combo best but the dealer has a sterlingmarble/expresso Vanguard in stock. I will not need to wait if we go with the in stock tub. Any negatives with the expresso outer casing or sterling interior?

Obviously the colro only matters to teh person buying but keep in mind that 23 hrs a day the spa is in the yard with the cover on. Personally I'd pay more attention to the color of the siding and cover than of the shell for this reason.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 11:50:52 am »

Obviously the colro only matters to teh person buying but keep in mind that 23 hrs a day the spa is in the yard with the cover on. Personally I'd pay more attention to the color of the siding and cover than of the shell for this reason.

Ditto that.  

When I said if it would match your backyard, I was referring to the cabinet, not the shell.  I wasn't clear on that.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

atom12

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 12:01:37 pm »
The tub will sit on a lower deck that can NOT be viewed from within the home. In other words the only time it will be seen is when you are in the tub. I'm not really worried about the color as much as ease of cleaning ect.
Thanks for your input to date. I should have been mor specific. Any other thoughts?

96SC

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 12:27:33 pm »
We have a very light colored shell in our Vanguard, I don't remember the actual name, but an advantage of a light color is when a piece of junk gets in it is very easy to see.  if we get a bit of a 'residue' line it barely shows, we have to feel it usually.  Disadvantage of a light color shell is when a piece of junk gets in its easy to see.  So a light color pro/con is a toss up.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:50:10 pm »
We have a very light colored shell in our Vanguard, I don't remember the actual name, but an advantage of a light color is when a piece of junk gets in it is very easy to see.  if we get a bit of a 'residue' line it barely shows, we have to feel it usually.  Disadvantage of a light color shell is when a piece of junk gets in its easy to see.  So a light color pro/con is a toss up.

Another pro of a light colored shell is the spa light reflects much nicer off the light shell.  You can see the colors of the light much better and in their intended color.  Lights tend to fade into darker shells as the light gets absorbed.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 11:52:48 pm »
I have the Pearl/redwood combo with my Envoy. I absolutely love it and have had no issues with the shell discoloring over time. If I was going to buy today I would go with the Espresso cabinet because it would match my backyard a little better. Go with what turns you on. It's a personal preference.........
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

atom12

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:47 am »
Thanks all, we take delivery this Tues on the Expresso/SterlingMarble. Online and in the brochure the Sterling looks too grey and fake. In person it really shows well. I also really like the cover color match with the Expresso. That was an area that the redwood could not compete. That was good advice to look at the cover color as well. They don't show the tubs with the covers at all in any of the advertising media.

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 03:10:36 pm »
Congrats on your purchase.  Thanks for doing your part to help stimulate this dadgum economy.

atom12

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 08:28:13 am »
The economy?

We are always willing to help those that improve their own lot through hard work and dedication. Wish the same was true about our present administration.

zroger73

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 10:27:17 am »
I agree that pearl is the best "color" for showing off the lights. I've always liked pearl - especially on cars. It looks "rich" to me. Exterior color was secondary, but redwood just seemed to be the correct match for pearl. I haven't stained my deck yet. I wanted to give it a year to "season" without protection so it wouldn't look so new and artificial. I'll stain it to match the hot tub this summer.

One thing I DON'T like is the rust cover. Yuck. Not sure what I was expecting, but it's...just...gross. Maybe I was expecting a dark brown. Or maybe a butter cream made from Fine Corinthian Leather. :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:32:04 am by zroger73 »
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 03:55:07 pm »
The economy?

We are always willing to help those that improve their own lot through hard work and dedication. Wish the same was true about our present administration.

Ditto that!!

Flyonthewall

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 05:43:27 pm »
The economy?

like the hard work and dedication that citbank and b of a, along with countless other companies, put into hiding their money in the cayman islands.  they cheat us out of billions in tax revenues and you take their side against somebody that actual is working for us.   :-X

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 06:07:52 pm »
I hope the polticizing turn this thread has taken can halted.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 06:07:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42