What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: La-Z Boy spas  (Read 19740 times)

MrTubs

La-Z Boy spas
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:44:02 am »
http://www.lazboyspas.com/spas/ , Not http://www.lazboylimitedspa.com/

I going to buy a LZB spas Huntington or the Reserve tub..

Any ideas? Or is the hotspring spas a better choice ??

Help!?

Hot Tub Forum

La-Z Boy spas
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:44:02 am »

Vanguard

Re: La-Z Boy spas
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:14:03 am »
Considering the fact that the company that made La-Z-Boy is out of business, I'd run away from them as fast as I can.  The La-Z-Boy company only sold a license for their name to a company called Tatum Manufacturing.  They were one of the worst spa companies around and they are now out of business.

You really should be looking at the top names in the industry.  And yes, Hot Spring is a much better choice.

Hot Spring
Jacuzzi
Sundance
Caldera
Dimension 1 (although there are rumors of their pending BK)
Marquis

among others who some folks will list.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:14:45 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

MrTubs

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 09:27:01 am »
Those are not so common in Europe. Never heard of those before.

And here in Europe thay said that LZB is back in business without tatum. Not true??

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 11:31:43 am »
And here in Europe thay said that LZB is back in business without tatum. Not true??

Not true, if anyone is buying a LaZBoy spa it's a leftover in someone's warehouse and there will be no one there to back the warranty. Even if they were still in business I'd recommend looking for something better (such as the list Vanguard posted).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:33:11 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MrTubs

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 11:34:00 am »
Well... I found a reseller for Jacuzzi spas.

Its about 35.000$ (30k euros) for 5-6person So, it Could be good, but its a EXPENSIVE too.  ::)

How about Artic spas? Or Catalina spas?  I live in North Europe  8-)

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:57:03 am »
Well... I found a reseller for Jacuzzi spas.

Its about 35.000$ (30k euros) for 5-6person So, it Could be good, but its a EXPENSIVE too.  ::)

How about Artic spas? Or Catalina spas?  I live in North Europe  8-)

I would definitely check out your local Arctic dealer. Arctic is a well respected brand in the industry. They have been spasearch certified three years in a row now, along with some of the others that were mentioned before. Good luck in your search!
http://www.spasearch.org/topspas.php
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

MrTubs

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 12:08:41 pm »
ummm.. weird.. There where cal spas in that list.
I thought that even Sunbelt would be better :)

I dont know anyone in here who likes Calspas :)

MrTubs

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 11:49:20 pm »
I dont know, but Artic looks like "old-fashioned".
Crappy lights, weird colors etc. Have to check those others, if I found a reseller

MrTubs

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 02:58:10 am »
Can someone help me out?
I thought that these "foamed-spas" like Hotspring are not so good and strong like the "fiberglas etc" spas?
Not true?
Another thing, I'd like to have waterfalls, nice lights, and diffrent kind of jets. Arctic dont have these :(

Insulation is also important thing in here, but Cant find out which are good :P

And I'd like to have this Salt/Bromine purification system, or is it a bad idea? :)

The max price is 20.000e (about 24k$?) , but I think that you guys get these much cheaper there! :)

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 08:46:37 am »
Go jump in an empty Hot Spring spa and see how strong they are.  It is just a different way to get the same result.  If someone is telling you that this way is "not so good," they are trying to sell down the competition.

The top tier spas mentioned here have very good insulation.  As long as you stay with one of those brands, you'll be fine.  Stay away from the other spas as their insulation isn't very good.

IMO, the salt system isn't good for spas.  I've sat in a salt one and the warm water and rapidly moving water caused an effervescence that really bothered me.  I'm not a fan of salt in general because of the corrosion I've seen on pool heaters, lights, rails, etc.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Water Boy

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 08:49:26 am »
Can someone help me out?
I thought that these "foamed-spas" like Hotspring are not so good and strong like the "fiberglas etc" spas?
Not true?
Another thing, I'd like to have waterfalls, nice lights, and diffrent kind of jets. Arctic dont have these :(

Insulation is also important thing in here, but Cant find out which are good :P

And I'd like to have this Salt/Bromine purification system, or is it a bad idea? :)

The max price is 20.000e (about 24k$?) , but I think that you guys get these much cheaper there! :)

Um have you seen an Arctic Spa in person. I know Arctic's  website isn’t as up to date as it should be, but Arctic Spas offer lots of the features that you are looking for. That’s fine if Arctic isn’t for you, but I want to make sure you know that they have all of the features that you had mentioned you were looking for. Arctic offers three different lighting options. One is the standard two blue lights. The other is two lights with the Northern Lights option that has 14 different light settings. Also new for 2009 is the Ultimate lighting package where there all of the jets have a LED behind them and every jet in the spa lights up like the Northern Lights does with 14 different lighting options.
http://www.devaderspools.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=100083

You also said that you wanted a waterfall. Every Arctic Spa comes standard with a cascading waterfall, but the location can vary depending upon model.

Jets. Arctic Spas have different styles of jets all throughout the spa, and also offer a therapy air jet package as well, so different options there.

You were also looking for a salt/bromine system. Arctic has the best salt system on the market today called the Onzen system. Read more about it here:
http://www.devaderspools.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=175&Itemid=100004

Also you mentioned you wanted a strong spa. Arctic Spas has one of the thickest fiberglass hot tub shells in the industry that is backed with a lifetime warranty. Hope that helps. I would definitely check one out in person before you rule them out.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:58:02 am by Happy_Madison »

MrTubs

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 09:43:57 am »
Yes I checked those with my own eyes..

But there was something i didnt like, in other hand, the seller didnt mentioned those thighs you said :)

I think that Artic is Nice in cabins/mountais views etc, but in the backyard of our house?

Water Boy

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 10:13:15 am »
Yes I checked those with my own eyes..

But there was something i didnt like, in other hand, the seller didnt mentioned those thighs you said :)

I think that Artic is Nice in cabins/mountais views etc, but in the backyard of our house?

Hey, to each his own.  ;) Sorry to hear your dealer didn’t inform you like he should have.

I personally hear day in day out from customers in my store that we have that prettiest cabinet out there, but I can understand that not everyone likes the cedar look.

But, if you don’t like the cedar look, Arctic also offers a maintenance free cabinet similar to most other spas on the market today.

Good luck in your search for the perfect spa.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 01:56:39 pm »

I personally hear day in day out from customers in my store that we have that prettiest cabinet out there, but I can understand that not everyone likes the cedar look.

As a little reality check, and because I like to be a devils advocate sometimes, I'd bet dealers of other brands hear the same thing from their customers as well  ;)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 02:34:41 pm »

As a little reality check, and because I like to be a devils advocate sometimes, I'd bet dealers of other brands hear the same thing from their customers as well  ;)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I read it earlier but I didn't want to make that response and come off like a XXXX so I figured I'd wait for someone else to do so!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:36:04 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 02:34:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42