What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Iron staining on spa walls  (Read 2235 times)

angler

Iron staining on spa walls
« on: April 21, 2009, 05:53:10 am »
I have well water with high iron and as a result, now have significant brown staining on much of the walls of my spa (Sundance Cameo 2007).  Searching the web and reading the forums I have learned about several potential treatments and preventative measures including the following treatments for my exisitng staining:  Acid wash, Citric acid, Bleach, and possibly a pressure wash.  However, details on what chemicals to use, in what concentrations, and how to apply them are lacking.  Can someone give some detailed information or point me in the right direction as to where I can find this information?  Anyone have similar experience or can report results with a particular treatment they used and how they did it?  What treatment is the best?

I think I know how to prevent it in the future ( run water through softener first and use metal gone or similar product when refilling pool along with a prefiltering of the water) but the present staining is very bothersome, especially to my wife.

Thank you in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Iron staining on spa walls
« on: April 21, 2009, 05:53:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42