What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Selling back our hot tub to the dealer...  (Read 3726 times)

Hummergal

Selling back our hot tub to the dealer...
« on: March 31, 2009, 08:38:30 pm »
I just wonder if we're getting screwed.  They're coming to get it tomorrow, putting the electrical back the way it was, and giving us $500 bucks.  It's a 2005 Tiger River Caspian, in Silver Pearl.  Good condition.  Has a small crack on one of the sides above the water line.  I bet we haven't used it 20 times in 4 years.  So are we getting ripped off ??? :(  

Hot Tub Forum

Selling back our hot tub to the dealer...
« on: March 31, 2009, 08:38:30 pm »

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
Re: Selling back our hot tub to the dealer...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:59:05 pm »
Has it been properly maintained?  If so, it sounds like you could do a lot better than $500.  Where exactly is the crack?  I have had repeated problems with cracking on a similar year Tiger River.  BTW, if the crack was not from abuse, it is covered under your warranty.  

Wait a minute, you were asking how to drain your spa a few days ago.  This is not 4 year old water....right? :-?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:15:04 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

Hummergal

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:18:55 pm »
It has been pretty well maintained.  The crack is just a little ways down from the waterfall slot.  It starts on the bottom of the edge where it meets the decking, and then continues up to the top of the side, but well before the water line.  Sorry if that's confusing!!   The dealer says he has seen many Caspians with this same cracking!!  

Hummergal

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:21:35 pm »
No It's not 4 year old water!!!  LOL LOL LOL. But it has been about 8 months!  I drained it today, and it still seemed remarkably clean.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:17:52 pm »
It may be too late, but I would suggest you have them fix it under warranty and sell it on Craig's list.  You can make more that way.

On the other hand, if you just want to be rid of it, you dealer is doing you a favor and $500 is fair.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 11:02:21 pm »
I just wonder if we're getting screwed.  They're coming to get it tomorrow, putting the electrical back the way it was, and giving us $500 bucks.  It's a 2005 Tiger River Caspian, in Silver Pearl.  Good condition.  Has a small crack on one of the sides above the water line.  I bet we haven't used it 20 times in 4 years.  So are we getting ripped off ??? :(  

Ouch, I have an 05 model and it's been used almost every day except for 20 days or so. I agree with Dan. I would contact the Mother ship and see if the crack is covered under warranty. If so, I would back out of the deal unless you have money to burn. Just my two cents......
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 11:11:57 pm »
No It's not 4 year old water!!!  LOL LOL LOL. But it has been about 8 months!  I drained it today, and it still seemed remarkably clean.
;D ;)

It may be too late, but I would suggest you have them fix it under warranty and sell it on Craig's list.  You can make more that way.

On the other hand, if you just want to be rid of it, you dealer is doing you a favor and $500 is fair.

Seriously, $500?  What does that go for new  7-$8,000?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:18:43 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 01:17:52 pm »
 Probably giving her 500 and fixing the crack to re-sell at 2500.00 maybe less. Not a bad deal for the dealer.  

Spalady

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 03:55:30 pm »
This spa carries a 5 year parts/labor and 7 year surface/structure warranty so why is this conversation not just saying call your dealer for the warranty. Did I miss something? Was this spa resold to you or are you the original purchaser?
 :-?
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 06:27:32 pm »
I agree with the others saying get it fixed under warranty first.  Then, you can figure out how you want to sell it.  You can do better than $500 as long as you get the crack fixed.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

solo

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 01:04:21 pm »
I would probably do one of the following:

1.  Call your dealer and have them fix the crack under warranty and sell on craigslist.

2.  Call your dealer, tell them that  you will have them fix the crack under warranty and sell on craigs list or they can offer you a little more for the spa.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 11:14:35 pm »
This spa carries a 5 year parts/labor and 7 year surface/structure warranty so why is this conversation not just saying call your dealer for the warranty. Did I miss something? Was this spa resold to you or are you the original purchaser?
 :-?

I was thinking the same thing but thought that was way too obvious and that I must be missing something. It's like selling a car with a flat tire and not fixing the tire first?  :-X There must be a reason...we just don't know it at this point.

Hell, they could even be entitled to a new spa if the crack is all the way through.... :-X

tpdtopcop

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 03:26:01 am »
Hummergal,

did you sell the spa back to the dealer?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 03:26:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42