What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: So what do you guys think of Beachcomber?  (Read 2881 times)

ssartain

So what do you guys think of Beachcomber?
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:21:04 pm »
We have just begun to look are are very interested in the Beachcomber 750, or some other 700 series.  We have a very reputable dealer close by.  I was just planning a Florida vacation for 4 from the Chicago area and came to the realization that all we really want to do is sit in a hot tub.  BTW I love this forum and have found it to be very informative.

Hot Tub Forum

So what do you guys think of Beachcomber?
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:21:04 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: So what do you guys think of Beachcomber?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:28:37 am »
I think the 580 is a better tub than the 750.  The swivel seats are over rated especially if you have more than 3 people in the tub considering if you have to sit up right in either corner seat the jets hit you in the side.  If you really want the lounger aspect go with the 740.  More jets isnt always better.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:01:28 pm »
I think they are a decent spa but it looks they have been to marketing school of Master Spas (similar to the folks that try to sell you ocean front property in Arizona).

I understand marketing but when you tell a story and your nose grows 10 feet that is just wrong and deceitful and my dollars would go elsewhere.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

ssartain

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:58:24 pm »
So, Gary, when you say "they" are being dishonest, are you referring to the manufacturer or your dealership?

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 12:26:24 am »
See the topic BC Hybrid 10 boxes down on the forum

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 12:43:22 pm »
So, Gary, when you say "they" are being dishonest, are you referring to the manufacturer or your dealership?

Manufacturer
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Spalady

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 07:09:42 pm »
I love that you have decided you would rather be in a hot tub than on a vacation! I couldn't agree more. I use my spa 3- 4 X a week and my hubby is in it everyday. It is THE best way to relax, soothe my aching gardening muscles and just re-group.
So congrats on making a great decision.
Researching on line is the best way to figure out what manufacturer meets your needs. There are some great choices today and if you read the chats on this forum you will see them represented here. Visit the manufacturers sites as well.
Hot Springs, Sundance, Cal spas and Marquis have all been around for a long time and there is a lot of info. available on them all.
Visit at least 3 - 4 dealers before you leap! And please, don't fall for the 'gotta have these bells and whistles" over quality. In the long run efficiency, ease of maintenance, warranty, and quiet operation matter more than a fancy light or stereo! (IMO) :-*
I also think it is really important to know your dealer is going to provide you with the expertise and service you deserve AFTER the sale. You can always call stores and ask them who services their spas or if parts are available on an older models...
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 07:09:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42