What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring twin lights of death  (Read 3990 times)

Tailhooker

HotSpring twin lights of death
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:56:54 pm »
HotSpring experts... I need help.  Doing my first water change  and thought I went by the rules.
1. pulled the breakers
2. drained and cleaned
3. Filled using a pre-filter, through the filter container.
4. Put in breakers and noticed the red and green lights after about 10 sec.
5. Recycled the breakers and still getting the same thing.

The manual talks about, air lock, overheating...etc.  What do I need to do, can I avoid the service visit? :(
Dave
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:58:11 pm by Tailhooker »

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring twin lights of death
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:56:54 pm »

Vanguard

Re: HotSpring twin lights of death
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 09:09:09 pm »
Try forcing water down the gray filter pipe.  If you have an airlock, that should force it out.  Stick the hose down as far as you can and turn it up high to force out the air.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Tailhooker

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:10:31 pm »
I'll try that tomorrow

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 11:56:06 pm »
Remove pre-filter 1st.

Also, if air lock it may resolve itself over night.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tailhooker

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 12:16:24 pm »
Try forcing water down the gray filter pipe.  If you have an airlock, that should force it out.  Stick the hose down as far as you can and turn it up high to force out the air.
I removed the 5 filters one at a time and tried to run water down the holes.  The center one has a grey center tube but does not have a hole when you remove it.  Is there a particular hole to put the hose down?  Help!!! :'(

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 03:38:22 pm »
I removed the 5 filters one at a time and tried to run water down the holes.  The center one has a grey center tube but does not have a hole when you remove it.  Is there a particular hole to put the hose down?  Help!!! :'(
Sounds like the gray one is in the wrong spot.

Your one with the hollow tube and the gray top should be upper left.

Good luck!

Dan

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 06:59:06 pm »
The grey one - take out the N2 cartridge first - take the prefilter off the hose to max power, and force air out.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tailhooker

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:31:40 pm »
The grey one - take out the N2 cartridge first - take the prefilter off the hose to max power, and force air out.

8-)
prefilter was never on except to refill.  Tried once, dont know if I should leave it in longer.... the hose only goes down about a foot or so.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:31:58 pm by Tailhooker »

Tailhooker

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 12:35:22 am »
prefilter was never on except to refill.  Tried once, dont know if I should leave it in longer.... the hose only goes down about a foot or so.
So far no luck... any other ideas?

Flyonthewall

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 03:59:34 pm »
how do you turn the breakers back on?  should be in a sequence with the circulation being established before the heater is turned on.  its different depending on the model.  which do you have, and what year?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 04:20:12 pm »
So far no luck... any other ideas?

If you want to be sure it isn't an airlock the other way to evacuate any air (besides the hose down the filter standpipe method) is to loosen the output hose (higher end) on the cir pump just enough to allow any air to escape.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:21:26 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tailhooker

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 11:02:36 am »
Even better it seems like my HotSpring dealer may have went out of business... phone disconnected.  Still have to go by and check the store.  If the store is closed, now what do I do to get a repairman here to fix my problem. (Only one HS dealer in the city)... Help!!! :'(

Water Boy

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 01:21:53 pm »
Even better it seems like my HotSpring dealer may have went out of business... phone disconnected.  Still have to go by and check the store.  If the store is closed, now what do I do to get a repairman here to fix my problem. (Only one HS dealer in the city)... Help!!! :'(

I would go by and check the store before you assume they are out of business.  A couple of months back there was a company doing construction work by our store, and they cut a huge phone line and we were without phones for two days, so you never know. Also, if they did go out of business, you will still be fine. The next nearest HS dealer may have to warranty your spa, but you will be taken care of.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 06:50:54 pm »
Call 1 800 999 HOTT.  That is Hot Spring mothership.

Follow the prompts to get to customer service.  Have them troubleshoot with you, in case there is anything we have missed.  Tell them where you live and ask them to help you transition to whoever they want to service the spa.  If your dealer is gone they may have set up an independent service company to handle warranty.

Just curious where you live.

Dan

Tailhooker

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 06:29:46 pm »
Call 1 800 999 HOTT.  That is Hot Spring mothership.

Follow the prompts to get to customer service.  Have them troubleshoot with you, in case there is anything we have missed.  Tell them where you live and ask them to help you transition to whoever they want to service the spa.  If your dealer is gone they may have set up an independent service company to handle warranty.

Just curious where you live.

Dan
Thanks I'll try that!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 06:29:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42