What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal-Spas or Dynasty?  (Read 4748 times)

PAinSC

Cal-Spas or Dynasty?
« on: April 13, 2009, 08:19:32 pm »
I live in SC (mild winters) and looking to buy a new 5-6 person spa w/lounger.

The dealer I like best carries Cal-Spas, Dynasty and Four Winds.

Which is better & why?

Hot Tub Forum

Cal-Spas or Dynasty?
« on: April 13, 2009, 08:19:32 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Cal-Spas or Dynasty?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 08:49:05 pm »
I'm happy with my Dynasty.  8-) They do share some common parts, Cal has a more diverse line up of spas and is probably more well know.  At busier times in this forum someone would have popped in and said neither is considered top tier.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:34:52 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

PAinSC

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:57:52 am »
It seems the Cal Spa is higher/deeper on the outside, but the lounger in the Dynasty seems deeper.

Any opinion or experience?

Thanks

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 12:02:31 pm »
Neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 02:28:59 pm »
Neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Pain, but Ditto this comment.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 03:42:25 pm »
My problem with Dynasty is the history of failures...They've gone through and fixed most of the issues they had over the last few years and then something else pops up. The other issue that I have with them is that it's been a bit tough to get answers on the service end of things.

They've been knocking on our door quite a bit to be the new dealer here but with the issues we're running into on products in the field I'm having a problem jumping on board. Their dealer went under here so we do get several customers calling us for service. I'm hoping that they've done things a lot better in the last year or so.

We've found Cal to be a very good value and so far our customers are extremely happy with them. I’m shocked that even the single pump models get great reviews by the customers. In years past that's a point of disappointment for a customer when they get a large spa with only one pump but it doesn't seem to be a negative with the Cal.

I don't know of any other brand that offers so much at an entry-level price.

PAinSC

Re: Cal-Spas or Dynasty? Or spend more for Jacuzzi
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 05:00:37 pm »
Thanks Stuart.
I was leary of Dynasty because they seem to be all about the lights & hype at the local dealer.

Should I spend more and get a Jacuzzi?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 08:04:22 pm »
Thanks Stuart.
I was leary of Dynasty because they seem to be all about the lights & hype at the local dealer.

Should I spend more and get a Jacuzzi?

That's up to how much you like the spa or not...I wouldn't spend more just for the Jacuzzi name, they didn't build that name in the spa industry and consequentially are not any better than most of the upper end brands just more recognizable because of the big box stores and bathtubs.

In fact, Cal and Dynasty are probably more financially secure in some respects than some of the brands owned by major conglomerates and holding companies. A holding company would be much more prone to cut the cord if a company is not making money than a privately held company would be.

Try all of the brands your looking at out, look at features and price and see how everything fits your budget and your body then see what dealer you feel the most comfortable with and make your decision.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 08:04:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42