What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub is foaming up?  (Read 2253 times)

Baston8005

Tub is foaming up?
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:20:02 pm »
Hey guys, Caldera Hawaiian was delivered and installed last week.  Been in it 2-3 times a day.  The family loves it.      How do I get rid of the foam.  Once the jets are turned on, the foam begins.  Am I missing or forgetting something?

Hot Tub Forum

Tub is foaming up?
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:20:02 pm »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Tub is foaming up?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:48:27 pm »
At the top of the forum you will see a link called chhas's law. It is very helpful for new tub owners.

You can use a foam down product, but it will only retard the foam, it will not remove what is causing it. It is very common with new tubs to have this issue. Between being new to water chemistry, getting a lot of use and all the oils coming off the new plastics. Other than foam, have you been enjoying your new tub?
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 05:32:04 pm »
Also using bathing suits that have been washed. There will always be laundry detergent left in it. Next time just wash the suits in hot water by themself or just go a' natual

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:23:45 pm »
Also...any visitors to the tub?
We have a rule....they either leave their swimsuit at our house so I can wash it in clear water, no soap, or they use extra suits we keep on hand.
BIL knows he can't wash his suit in soap but still does it cause he doesn't want to run a separate load. (can you say LAZY???)
He's banned from bringing his own suit, and the rule applies to all visitors.
I figure those that don't like it don't need to use the hot tub.
Takes too much of my time to fix the water afterwards.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:23:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42