What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gulf Coast Spas???  (Read 6408 times)

Water Boy

Gulf Coast Spas???
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:13 pm »
Customer on the other forum saying that they closed their doors for business. I tried calling the number on their website and it doesn’t ring or do anything. Anyone heard anything?? I also tried calling Tatum Manufacturing and the same thing.  Hmmmmmm..... :-?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:52:53 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

Gulf Coast Spas???
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:13 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Gulf Coast Spas???
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 02:55:18 pm »
I got a, "this number has been disconnected" when I tried calling. I might have to try some of the "inside numbers" I have....... or at least, used to have (gotta go searching for em).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:56:24 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 03:07:51 pm »
The main number for Tatum Manufacturing isn't going through either (though I got a generic answering machine message on an inside line).

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:13:35 pm »
HEY! I got through...kind of. Called the service number off their La-z-boy site. You, Tatum closed it's doors on the 20th. The phone was answered, "spa parts and accessories". Said "they" had been "contracted with", some time ago to do the service work.

Quick assumption, Spa Parts and Accessories is some spin-off of/from Tatum Industries

Tom

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:24:14 pm »
The main number for Tatum Manufacturing isn't going through either (though I got a generic answering machine message on an inside line).
I thought it was "Living Water Spas" now, not Tatum.

Aqua, May 08:

Tatum Manufacturing Becomes Living Water Spas

Tatum Manufacturing announced that it will combine its three business divisions, Tatum Manufacturing, Gulf Coast Spa Manufacturers and Spa Services, together under a new corporate name, Living Water Spas.

Living Water Spas president Brad Tatum says the new company combines a new manufacturing facility with a well-established spa brand and its 24/7 technical support and warranty-coverage team.

Living Water Spas will continue doing business out of its 5-acre manufacturing facility in Tampa, Fla., retain its sales and marketing office in Clearwater, Fla., and its 24/7 call center in Tampa.

As part of the name change, Living Water Spas will release a new company logo and Web site.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 05:27:00 pm by Graybeard »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 05:55:24 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 03:03:57 pm »
Where does that leave Coleman?  I would say that it is no longer a viable brand unless Maax retains the rights once again.  And that would just look silly.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Pathfinder

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 03:37:50 pm »
I had that exact same thought this morning.  To the industry types it would be an issue but to the average new buyer that has no insight  I dont think it would be an issue if MAAX brought back the name in 2010.  If they did im sure the naming fees would be on their terms.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 05:14:04 pm »
I had that exact same thought this morning.  To the industry types it would be an issue but to the average new buyer that has no insight  I dont think it would be an issue if MAAX brought back the name in 2010.  If they did im sure the naming fees would be on their terms.

Maybe Maxx will say something like "we'll give you 2/3 of what we used to pay for the name but that only kicks in after we recoop all the $ we spent changing branding away from Coleman last year and the $ we'll have to spend to change it back again now"!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:14:21 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 07:45:58 pm »
My understanding with Tatum and their license of the name La-z-boy was they paid on a per spa basis. With this economy? I couldn't see paying a flat annual licensing fee.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 07:58:58 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 02:02:30 am »
And another one bites the dust....

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2009/03/30/daily6.html

Chapter 11 is reorganization.  We shall see.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 02:02:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42