What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Canadian chemicals  (Read 3934 times)

Styx555

Canadian chemicals
« on: March 13, 2009, 07:25:20 pm »
Anyone recommend a good place to get chemicals online in Canada?

Hot Tub Forum

Canadian chemicals
« on: March 13, 2009, 07:25:20 pm »

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
Re: Canadian chemicals
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:11:08 am »
Are you looking to patronize a Canadian company or just someone who ships up there?  We don't ship outside the US, but I think Doc does.  Try www.rhtubs.com.

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 08:41:04 pm »
I searched around a couple of years ago when we got our tub.  I couldn't find much, there was one place in Alberta (I think) that was OK but the shipping prices were to high.  I have ordered some stuff from Doc (rhtubs) and the service and delivery was great,

I like to stick to a Canadian company when I can but sometimes it just doesn't work out
Bullfrog 451

Styx555

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 07:19:15 pm »
Tried to place an order with rhtubs, however they don't ship sanitizers internationally since it's considered a hazardous substance. Any other suggestions? Essentially at this point I'm looking at getting some Bromine tablets.

Thanks

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:40:43 pm »
Why can't you just buy some Bromine tablets from your dealer??
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »
Where are you located?  I'm sure there are a few good dealers close by or Tom,  FamilyBiz or Pathfinder could recommend one.  They are three of the Canadian dealers that  post here
Bullfrog 451

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 08:12:16 pm »
www.hottubessentials.ca in Calgary

I've never used them because, well...  they're a competitor.  But they are in Canada and they sell sanitizers.  May fit your bill.  But like the previous poster mentioned, are you just a long way from your dealer?

Pathfinder

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:28 pm »
If your looking for volume just go to your local dealer that sells pool chems as well since the bromine tabs are the same  & a 2kg - 8kg will be cheaper than the equiv in the spa chem packaging.  

Tom

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 01:41:23 pm »
Tom,  FamilyBiz or Pathfinder could recommend one.  They are three of the Canadian dealers that  post here

I'm not a dealer.  Not even official factory rep any more.

You might try http://www.hottubstore.ca

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 05:27:57 pm »

I'm not a dealer.  Not even official factory rep any more.

You might try http://www.hottubstore.ca

Yes I know that Tom but I wasn't quite sure what to call you :-?  Anyhow,  I did know that you would be able to provide a name for Styx555.

So do we call you the artist formerly known as Tom the factory service rep or do you just go by a symbol now days ;D
Bullfrog 451

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 10:05:29 am »
It's one thing to purchase chemicals on line (for price I'm assuming?) :-? but quite another to understand how to balance water. My suggestion would be to support someone local who understands water balance, offers free water analysis and will help you keep your water clean, clear and safe.

I've seen many people save a few bucks only to drain and refill twice as often due to poor water quality, not to mention having unsafe or even harmful conditions. Don't step over a dollar to pick up a dime...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:06:53 am by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 10:05:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42