What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs ozone tubing question  (Read 5899 times)

coolbreeze

Hot Springs ozone tubing question
« on: March 09, 2009, 11:15:17 pm »
 i have a 2007 Vista just had to replace tubing and check valve .
the first package from my Hot Spring dealer ( just my thought spend a little more for the right part not just any tubing) end up being an opened package about 12" shorter . while on the phone prier to buying tubing i asked about my tubs inside control panel that had two of the plastic buttons come unstuck from the rubber like (i guess) seal over the real button. would that be covered under  the 5 year warranty and if not should i change or not ,to leave the factory seal around panel. i also had asked to talk to a long time tech that i met during set up in 2007 was told i did need him i was talking to service dept. and  he noted that if it was just cosmetic it would not be covered . i said i do not know. he then said he could send someone out but if it was not going tobe covered it was a $60 maybe $120 service call i do not remember . he knew what i had because he said he would put a call into Watkins to see if they would cover .  but they might not because the economy.....

the next morning on the phone to tell them about the short tubing i got my guy i was looking for . told him about the panel . he said not a problem it is covered  i will start a work order now and i will see you this morning with a new new stile panel and  tubing that he would put on even though  not under warranty at no labor charge. only 2 years ozone
that is service not what i got first over the phone
i did get TP cell # for next time i will side step the store (i see a little used car sale man in this)

i did notice that both tubing packages had same Watkins part# on them but the tubing had different names and #'s on them and the one that was used on my tub had a  thin inside lining with  thicker outer tubing to it that could be seen when you cut it.
    which tubing is newer and i would imaging  the one with the  liner  would  be  and should hold up better.
any thoughts
 i joined this forum  in early 2007 and lurked around for a while and learned then bought one and sad to say did not come back but once or twice to read until i had a question .  
 will this forum bock you for none use?
 the site new my email but would not send a new password to me  and i had to start a new account with a different email address
 is that normal
oh well
life goes on
i will open under tub and get info. off tubing with this inter lining
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:37:14 am by coolbreeze »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs ozone tubing question
« on: March 09, 2009, 11:15:17 pm »

zroger73

Re: Hot Springs ozone tubing question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »
Wow, sounds like you're getting the runaround. Something is either covered under warranty or it isn't - it shouldn't be based on the economy or anything else - it is spelled out in black & white on the manufacturer's warranty statement. As a fellow HotSpring owner, I'm curious as to why you had to replace tubing and a check valve so soon?
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:51:30 pm »
"put a call into Watkins to see if they would cover .  but they might not because the economy..... "[/b]

You can't actually be serious?

Hey there are some great Hot Spring dealers that frequent this site that can help guide
you away from that dealer/moron that would say the warranty is void because of the recession.

See if you can get him to repeat that and record the call.....thats insane.

Or call Hot Spring headquarters and tell them he said that and you will get some quick resolution.

Hot Spring did not become an elite hot tub company by allowing their dealers to screw people over.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:54:05 pm by Zep »

coolbreeze

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:39:22 am »
 The one that made the commit was just a unknown that  answered the phone at the dealership who claimed they where one of the service persons that i would need to talk with to start a warranty claim so he would or did not give the cell # or put  me over to the service tech T.P.   That i had already met at the installation of new spa. so  it was a lower level (i hope) personnel that was not tactful in the words he used to talk to me the customer on a warranty.
 you are right and that is what i told him it was Watkins warranty and there call, it is what it is and not what it is not .
 Once i talk to T.P. i was  treated like what Hot Springs is known for it should have been more so like this on first call.
 it was this same guy who pulled the open box that was short.
My area has one  HS dealer with two stores in the area.
   i think one guy not dealer

the tub just turned two years old last month
the hose barb on check valve completely broke off
i think it was after my last fill i never got that ozone smell but still had the bubbles so looked at ozonator and saw the problem.
 i just change the tubing because it was turning brown
ozone is reactive and T.P. said it is or made up of a light acid

is a two year life to short for a check valve ?  

it is a wear item

the lined tubing i was talking about   TYGON SE-200

is that the good stuff?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 10:31:48 am »
No tubing lasts forever on ozone, but nylon seems to be about the best. The black stuff that Watkins (and some other tub makers) used for a while turned out to not live up to the claims of the suppliers.

The warranty on your ozone system is one year.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

coolbreeze

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 02:30:57 am »
 I've  seen pictures that showed black tubing and was thinking if it was better they would still use it .
 clear is  what i had and now have    
i paid $11.?? for check valve and $21.?? tubing ,both Watkins replacement part #'s
I don't think that is  bad and i know i have good parts

its a little ruff and plain around the edges but with a view
 i will try and put up some pictures of  the little deck big tub with nice view
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:53:06 pm by coolbreeze »

zroger73

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 09:26:59 pm »
Oh, the irony! I took advantage of the warm evening to remove my access panel and make sure everything still looked like it should and that no critters had taken up residence. To my disappointment, I saw a small tube hanging loose. A closer inspection revealed that one end of the ozone check valve had broken clean off. I had a larger piece of tubing that I used to make a temporary repair, but I could no longer smell ozone. The broken check valve explains the huge increase in "ozone" bubbles I noticed a couple of months ago. I hope the ozone generator survived not being able to get rid of the ozone it produced for a couple of months! I have an e-mail into my dealer to see if he has a replacement check valve in stock. I'll start there. After I install it, I'll check the injector suction line and ozone generator intake with my manometer to make sure there are no air leaks. If I still don't smell ozone then I'll suspect the generator didn't survive. As with the original poster, this is very ironic that I noticed the increase in ozone bubbles immediately after a recent water change. I thought little of it. In fact, I thought it was working better than ever since there were more bubbles. Unfortunately, it has been injecting nothing but air since the check valve broke.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

coolbreeze

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 10:23:59 pm »
i bet this goes on all the time .
i think mine was at a refill
as for the temp. fix just turn tub back on the suction on mine was enough pressure to hold itself in place .
on mine as i turned tub power off i think the check valve broke
a few minutes later water started siphoning out of the tub
i don't think the generator would be harmed from this
you will know in a day or so if it is working
i guess you need to look under every fill if not once in between also

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 10:23:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42