What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Oops...  (Read 3105 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Oops...
« on: March 05, 2009, 09:00:38 pm »
I was delivering a spa cover today - and we had some fun. Perhaps you can learn from our mistake.

The house is right on the beach and the spa is on the third floor- the roof. They have a very nice deck up there with a great view all up and down the coast. We had to carry the cover up a spiral staircase from the second floor up to the roof. We managed that ok with some help.

The problem was when we told the homeowner we would lower the old cover  in two pieces off the roof with a rope. He wouldn't hear of it. He wanted us to just toss it down. But it was windy... He said he does it all the time with stuff. There is a beach access path - completely landscaped - on one side of his home, so he had us cut the thing it two, and then just shove it over.

One piece landed in a tree - great fun - the other piece slid right down along the house and took out his sprinkler system. Water was gushing inside the wall - he went to shut off the water, then opened the basement-level garage door. We went in and found water cascading out of the main electrical box which was right below were the pipe broke. Oh boy.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Oops...
« on: March 05, 2009, 09:00:38 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Oops...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:07:43 pm »
Good thing HE was the one who told you to do that.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 11:02:37 pm »
Good thing HE was the one who told you to do that.  
Oh yes, yes yes! In fact, after the first one went down, I said, "Ben, I didn't quite see how you did that. Can you come do this one too while I watch?"

He said, "sure," and away it went... only later when we got back to ground level did we see the damage and hear the running water!

8-)

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:18:15 am »
 ;D
And it wasn't even a Monday!  ;D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 03:00:04 pm »
;D
And it wasn't even a Monday!  ;D
;D ;D ;D

8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 03:00:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42