What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Quality/reliability of Tiger River vs. Hot Springs  (Read 6387 times)

just ducky

Quality/reliability of Tiger River vs. Hot Springs
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:18:06 am »
First time spa buyer here.  I've done a lot of research, and now we're in the shopping phase.  Our local Hot Springs dealer has given me prices on both TR and HS models.  I know that TR is made by Hot Springs, and I have all the info on differences in warranties, jets, etc., but I'm looking for advice or a comparison about quality/reliability.  Obviously I can save a bit of cash by going with a TR model.  
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:19:50 am by just_ducky »

Hot Tub Forum

Quality/reliability of Tiger River vs. Hot Springs
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:18:06 am »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Quality/reliability of Tiger River vs. Hot Spr
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:35:31 am »
The Tiger River spas are made on the same assembly line as the HotSpring models. They use the same pumps and heaters but different features so they can compete at a different price point. The main differences would be that HotSpring models come standard with CD Ozonaters and they are an option for the Tiger River models. HotSpring comes standard with a multi-color underwater light and the Tiger River has a blue light that can be upgraded to a multi-color light. The seating is more bucketed or individualized in the Tiger River models and they have a different filtration system.The warranty is almost identical as well.

Hope this helps. :)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

just ducky

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 11:43:01 am »
Yes it does help.  I noticed the difference in lighting, and filtration systems.  Wasn't aware of the difference in Ozonater...as a newbie to this, is this a huge thing?  Yes, the warranties that they quoted us are identical.  We still plan to do wet tests, but we're not into all the bells and whistles and I honestly liked the looks of the TR model better than the HS model they showed us.  

soak-king

• Backyard Oasis
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:56:12 am »
My wife has very sensitive skin so the ozonator is very important to us because it allows us to use the low chlorine recipe. An ozonator, IMO, is a nice option to reduce the amount of chlorine you have to use but it is not required. I would recommend Bromine if you do not install an ozonator.

just ducky

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 12:04:37 pm »
Everything we've taken a real good look at so far has an Ozonator of some type, so I think we'll end up with one.  Thanks again.

soak-king

• Backyard Oasis
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 12:14:12 pm »
Glad to help.

:)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 12:31:16 pm »
Yes it does help.  I noticed the difference in lighting, and filtration systems.  Wasn't aware of the difference in Ozonater...as a newbie to this, is this a huge thing?  Yes, the warranties that they quoted us are identical.  We still plan to do wet tests, but we're not into all the bells and whistles and I honestly liked the looks of the TR model better than the HS model they showed us.  

All spas are at least ozone ready. Only a few have the ozone standard. Just make sure when you talk to sales people you know whether they're saying it’s already part of the package or whether it’s an option. Also ask whether it’s a CD ozone because some may talk generically about ozone and put a cheaper UV type in. Since the Tiger River is ozone ready just ask the dealer how much to put in the same ozonator as the Hot Spring has so you can compare apples to apples.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 12:56:41 pm »
You will find some happy Michigan Hot Spring owners on the forum.  Might even be the same dealer. :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

just ducky

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 01:04:21 pm »
You will find some happy Michigan Hot Spring owners on the forum.  Might even be the same dealer. :)

I assumed so.  But as my original post said, I'm just looking for comparison thoughts.  And if a dealer is the one to give me that, then I'm good with it.  I've already heard all of the sales pitches from various dealers, and I've got a pretty good idea what I'll end up with now.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 01:04:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42