What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sunrise or Coast???  (Read 4356 times)

LJJ1370

Sunrise or Coast???
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:36:19 pm »
We are looking into purchasing a hot tub in the near future.  We have narrowed our choices down to the Equinox, by Sunrise Spas, or the Manhattan, by Coast.  Does anyone have any opinion on the better choice?  We are leaning toward the Sunrise because of the frame construction, insulation, etc, and we are impressed with the tub and the dealer.  We are being told by the Coast dealer that his spas are more superior, higher rated, and we would be making a mistake going with a sunrise spa. Does anyone have any opinion the the two hot tubs?  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Sunrise or Coast???
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:36:19 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Sunrise or Coast???
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:06:45 pm »
Why have you settled on these brands?  They are not usually considered one of the better tubs out there.  I think there are many better options by other manufacturers that are better quality for the same, or better, price.

Jacuzzi
Hot Spring
Sundance
Caldera
Marquis
and others that will be added to this list
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

LJJ1370

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 03:38:04 pm »
The main reason is they are local dealers.  We are in a rural area and these are the two options closest to us.

gadfly

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:01:11 pm »
We are looking into purchasing a hot tub in the near future.  We have narrowed our choices down to the Equinox, by Sunrise Spas, or the Manhattan, by Coast.  Does anyone have any opinion on the better choice?  We are leaning toward the Sunrise because of the frame construction, insulation, etc, and we are impressed with the tub and the dealer.  We are being told by the Coast dealer that his spas are more superior, higher rated, and we would be making a mistake going with a sunrise spa. Does anyone have any opinion the the two hot tubs?  Thanks.
The dealer where I purchased my tub, just added Coast to their line-up to replace D1.  He says its construction (full-foam, fiberglass shell) compares favorably to the names listed above.  I looked at the Sunrise web-site, and I am skeptical of their steel frame, and insulation system (styrofoam and bagged Roxul).  I personally would lean toward Coast, but that is based only from looking at them on the internet.  
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:16:05 pm by drewbunker »

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 05:01:46 am »

Another plus to Coast Spas is their promotional DVD "King Tub", featuring Leslie Nielsen!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

LJJ1370

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 08:56:26 am »
Thank you everyone for responding.  I know there are probably better hot tubs out there but these two brands will be what we narrow it down to simply because of the location of the dealers.  We don't want to be bothered buying a hot tub hours away from where we live and then have problems with it.  These  two tub dealers are withing 45 minutes of our house so they will be the only option.  As far as the frame on the sunrise we thought it would be superior since there could possibly be some moisture get under the hot tub and you wouldn't like moisture with the wood frame.  As far as the insulation on the coast it is a "plyable foam" says the dealer.  We thought it would be an issue if you ever had a leak.  Sunrise is insulated around the outside so everything is easily accessible by removing the panels.   The coast dealer said as well they were the only people to support their seats with a wood T frame.  Sunrise said that their tubs are built so that they don't need the extra support.  This hot tub is going to be inside an unheated building so the insulation is important, but not the same as if it was going outside.  We will have to keep researching obviously! Again thanks everyone for your opinion.

gadfly

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 03:04:06 pm »
... As far as the frame on the sunrise we thought it would be superior since there could possibly be some moisture get under the hot tub and you wouldn't like moisture with the wood frame.  As far as the insulation on the coast it is a "plyable foam" says the dealer.  We thought it would be an issue if you ever had a leak.  Sunrise is insulated around the outside so everything is easily accessible by removing the panels.   The coast dealer said as well they were the only people to support their seats with a wood T frame.  Sunrise said that their tubs are built so that they don't need the extra support.  This hot tub is going to be inside an unheated building so the insulation is important, but not the same as if it was going outside...
If you want to research the insulation methods, look into the "Dead Horse" section here.  As far as the frame, many of the "respected" names have used wood frames for years, with no problems.   Some manufacturers have added some new resin/composite frames, and a couple use a galvanized steel frame, but Sunrise is the first I remember using powdercoat.  If you are willing to do some searching in the main section, and the "Dead Horse", you should find some insight into this issue.  In my opinion, frame material (and seat support) is not as important, as the execution.  Good luck on your decision.    
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:12:15 pm by drewbunker »

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 03:11:15 pm »
Where do you live?  Good insulation is very important, but even more so if you are in areas where the cold weather is sustained.

I live in Texas, so while I want a well-insulated spa to keep my energy bills down, it is not as important as it would be for someone who lives in Michigan.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 03:11:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42