What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In need of helpful opinions  (Read 2914 times)

rosevillenewbie

In need of helpful opinions
« on: February 24, 2009, 07:13:26 pm »
I am in the market for my first hot tub and am very anxious to purchase one.  My wife and I have been out wet testing some new tubs and are trying to figure out what will work best for us.  Ideally, I would like to purchase a top quality tub (we've wet tested Hot Springs Envoy, Limelight Flair, D1 Aurora), but I don't know if we can afford it at this time.  I firmly believe that buying a quality product that will last is the way to go, but maybe we'll have to wait until down the road to splurge on our 'dream tub'.  In the mean time, i found a 2008 D1 Dream (@home hot tub model) on craigslist.  D1 is a quality brand with a great dealer in the area.  The owner said hasn't had much use out of the tub and just doesn't want it anymore.  No problems with it, transferrable warranty, and priced at $3250.  The Dream isn't a top of the line tub, but it has a great warranty, a local dealer, and it's nearly brand new.  The owner said he would let me wet test, he just needs to fill it up.  I would love to get some feedback from everyone - is this is a good deal, is a used tub wise, any recommendations, any idea what a new D1 Dream tub costs, etc.  This forum has been great for me as a new hot tub seeker.  Can't wait to hear what you all have to say.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

In need of helpful opinions
« on: February 24, 2009, 07:13:26 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: In need of helpful opinions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:20:32 pm »
 I don't know a lot on D1,  but if its on Craig list and its a decent spa it wont be there long!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 07:41:22 pm »
No problems with it, transferrable warranty, and priced at $3250.  The Dream isn't a top of the line tub, but it has a great warranty, a local dealer, and it's nearly brand new.  

I don't know what that spa sells for new and it may be a good deal BUT that warranty is definteily not transferable. The owner may think it is but the D1 dealer show tell you otherwise if you ask or you can read it below or you can call D1 directly.

http://www.d1spas.com/pdf/warranties/Doc-1284.pdf

"Warranty coverage is extended to the original consumer purchaser for personal, family or household use, from the original date of purchase at the original installation location within the boundaries of United States and Canada and cannot be assigned or transferred by the original consumer purchaser to any other person or entity."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:42:34 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:05:14 pm »
Have you asked Hot Springs for a price on a floor model?

Just curious, are you from Michigan?  :)

Angie
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:05:32 pm by aduvall »
2008 HS Soverign

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:24:01 pm »
The Limelight Flair is not a top of the line model but a secondary line from Hot Springs as is Tiger River, Hot Spot and Solana with the last 2 maybe the third line.

There are other manufacturers out there that are just as good as what you looked at and they have secondary lines as well.  A secondary line is a great way to go if you don't have the money or really need "top of the line". Most spas will give you hot, clean water without problems.

My suggestion is to do more research! Just as a FYI, back in 2004 when I bought my tub I looked at Sundance which had $9000 tubs and $6300 tubs. I bought an Artesian Island series for a lot less than their Gold or Platinum series, I'm sure that secondary lines are still coming in at less than the premium series.

Good luck in your hunt!

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 09:24:00 pm »
The Limelight Flair is not a top of the line model but a secondary line from Hot Springs as is Tiger River, Hot Spot and Solana with the last 2 maybe the third line.

There are other manufacturers out there that are just as good as what you looked at and they have secondary lines as well.  A secondary line is a great way to go if you don't have the money or really need "top of the line". Most spas will give you hot, clean water without problems.

My suggestion is to do more research! Just as a FYI, back in 2004 when I bought my tub I looked at Sundance which had $9000 tubs and $6300 tubs. I bought an Artesian Island series for a lot less than their Gold or Platinum series, I'm sure that secondary lines are still coming in at less than the premium series.

Good luck in your hunt!

Just to be clear, you are not saying the other lines are lesser quality, right?  I think all the manufacturers would say their secondary lines have the same quality as their flagship lines.  They typically just have less stuff.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:43:53 pm »

Just to be clear, you are not saying the other lines are lesser quality, right?  I think all the manufacturers would say their secondary lines have the same quality as their flagship lines.  They typically just have less stuff.

You are correct. They usually have a shorter warranty and or different controls/jets. Of course some secondary lines are nicer looking than others but that is a personal taste.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:43:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42