What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa Exteter vs Hot Springs Vanguard  (Read 5859 times)

Hot Tub Newbee

Master Spa Exteter vs Hot Springs Vanguard
« on: February 23, 2009, 12:35:12 am »
1st time buyer for a hot tub.  Looking at Master Spa Exeter or Hot Springs Vanguard for my purchase.  Any pros or cons on either of these tubs??  Of course--both salespeople tell me their spa is the best!!  What features do you find are the best on these tubs? Thanks for your opinions!
M

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spa Exteter vs Hot Springs Vanguard
« on: February 23, 2009, 12:35:12 am »

Spiderman

Re: Master Spa Exteter vs Hot Springs Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 09:07:30 am »
A lot of people will tell you to steer clear of Master Spa.  What kind of support are you going to get from them?   A local dealer is very nice to have when a problem arises.  

As far as HotSpring goes, we loved our HotSpring Jetsetter so much, we became HotSpring dealers!  We've been HotSpring dealers for 1 1/2 years now.  HotSpring has been around for 32 years and are a top notch company.  HotSpring spas are manufactured by Watkins Manufacturing, which is owned by Masco.  Masco produces products such as Kraftmaid Cabinets, Behr Paint and Delta Faucets; pretty good stuff.

What we really liked in HotSpring was the variety of jets, especially the Moto Massage which feels fabulous.  The fact that ALL of the water is filtered ALL of the time also helped us pick HotSpring.  

Whatever tub you decide on, make sure there is a local dealer to service it for you; and get it in writing!  I think some make the mistake of buying a tub, thinking "oh, nothing will ever go wrong with this", as they buy it from someone who won't be able to service it.  And then when there is a problem, NOW they're calling a local dealer to bail them out.  

There is a lot of good info here at the forum.  Enjoy, good luck with your quest, and welcome to the forum!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

96SC

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:34:51 am »
Welcome to the forum.

We have an '07 Vanguard, like Spiderman said we chose it, among other factors, because it filters all the water all the time.
There haven't been [glow]any[/glow] problems.  
You will hear this from others, do a wet test if possible.  You may be surprised that another tub is what you like the best
 As far as various jets, we hardly use the jets or turn the lights on, but that's us.
Make your seach fun.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 04:07:08 pm »
If you are down to those two models, then Hot Spring is the way to go.  Master just has too many shady practices out there to trust them.  I've been around this industry a long time.  I don't sell hot tubs or work for a hot tub dealer or company, just in the industry, I don't see Master as a quality company.  I do see Hot Spring as one of the best out there.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 04:50:31 pm »
Getting a Hot Spring is like getting a top steak at a Restaurant. Getting a Master is like getting a Steak-um (I can't help the jab, its Master)!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:02:30 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:41:16 pm »
We have a Hot Springs and love the warranty, service and quality!
My vote: HOTSPRINGS!!!!
2008 HS Soverign

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:47:08 pm »
Even if everything about the spas where equal the differance in customer serivce and customer support between the two is night and day. On their best day with full staff Master couldn't equal the customer support either for the consumer or the dealer. Now at half staff with a poor economy it's even worse.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:47:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42