What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hot Tub Pics- 2008 Soverign  (Read 4423 times)

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
New Hot Tub Pics- 2008 Soverign
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:45:17 pm »
Our Hot Tub came today!!!! ;D
I posted a couple of pictures. Have not been able to get good pictures with the colored lights on at night. As soon as I do, I'll post.

The electrician came this morning and had everything done within 2 hours. All my worries on the 100amp has been resolved. He see's absolutly no issues with it running on 100 amp.

The hottub install was completed within 2 hours. Although I'm not so sure if I'm completly satisfied with the service techs. But it's in, its running and they did answer all my questions.

Water temp coming out of the hose started out at 50* and it should take about 10 hours to heat to 104*
The tub filled pretty quickly. It only took 45 minute to fill (365 g) .

I would like to THANK EVERYONE  for all thier advice and suggestions over the past few months. I can't say enough about how well this site is ran and how helpful everyone has been!!!!

Half filled at 30 minutes

Completly filled but cold. Burrr Burr...

Thanks again to all!!!
       Donovan & Angie
2008 HS Soverign

Hot Tub Forum

New Hot Tub Pics- 2008 Soverign
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:45:17 pm »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: New Hot Tub Pics- 2008 Soverign
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 10:11:11 am »
Congratulations!  :D It's even better when the water gets warm!  ;D ;)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

zroger73

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:54:32 am »
Congratulations! Looks like a very familiar hot tub to me! :D

I envy your fill time. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to fill my tub. I have low flow due to a restricted water line running to my house and I also use the Hot Spring pre-filter. The filter does extremely well at reducing the green/brown tint of my water during a fill. So far, my '08 Sov has been great. Enjoy! I'm by no means an expert, but since you have the exact same model as I do I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

So far I've learned:

1. Water care gets easier as time goes on. In the coming weeks/months, it will become second nature.
2. Clothing is extremely optional in my hot tub. It doesn't take many bathing suits or much hair product to foam up the water.
3. Stuff can accumulate on the filters that you can't see - particularly the filter for the 24-hour circulation pump. Keep it and the other filters clean or you might experience flashing POWER and/or POWER and READY lights indicating a high limit trip or flow problem.
4. The only routine chemical that I use is dichlor. I give it a daily dose of 1 teaspoon and a weekly dose of 3 "heaping" teaspoons. I add another teaspoon or two after use, depending on how many people were in the tub and how long they were in.
5. I use the Nature2 cartridge, even though I can't prove its effectiveness. It's worth the price every 4 months just to make me "feel" good.
6. Ozone bubbles started to decrease after about 5 months. They came back full force after sucking on the filter standpipes with the Shop-Vac during my second water change.
7. New water feels, looks, and smells amazing.
8. I go 4 months on a water change to correspond with the life expectancy of the Nature2 cartridge.
9. My water stays very balanced through all of this.
10. I used to go through test strips like crazy. Now that I have a "feel" for what the water needs, I'm comfortable using only 1 or 2 a week.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »
Congrats Aduvall..what an awesome Valentine's Day present..enjoy  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 08:15:29 pm »
First soak yet?  Should be a good night. We will be in ours at around 10pm.  Let us know how it goes.  If I was to buy again, the Soverign would be one of the ones I would test and consider.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:30:25 pm »
Congratulations! Looks like a very familiar hot tub to me! :D

I envy your fill time. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to fill my tub. I have low flow due to a restricted water line running to my house and I also use the Hot Spring pre-filter. The filter does extremely well at reducing the green/brown tint of my water during a fill. So far, my '08 Sov has been great. Enjoy! I'm by no means an expert, but since you have the exact same model as I do I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

So far I've learned:

1. Water care gets easier as time goes on. In the coming weeks/months, it will become second nature.
2. Clothing is extremely optional in my hot tub. It doesn't take many bathing suits or much hair product to foam up the water.
3. Stuff can accumulate on the filters that you can't see - particularly the filter for the 24-hour circulation pump. Keep it and the other filters clean or you might experience flashing POWER and/or POWER and READY lights indicating a high limit trip or flow problem.
4. The only routine chemical that I use is dichlor. I give it a daily dose of 1 teaspoon and a weekly dose of 3 "heaping" teaspoons. I add another teaspoon or two after use, depending on how many people were in the tub and how long they were in.
5. I use the Nature2 cartridge, even though I can't prove its effectiveness. It's worth the price every 4 months just to make me "feel" good.
6. Ozone bubbles started to decrease after about 5 months. They came back full force after sucking on the filter standpipes with the Shop-Vac during my second water change.
7. New water feels, looks, and smells amazing.
8. I go 4 months on a water change to correspond with the life expectancy of the Nature2 cartridge.
9. My water stays very balanced through all of this.
10. I used to go through test strips like crazy. Now that I have a "feel" for what the water needs, I'm comfortable using only 1 or 2 a week.

We do  not have the HS pre-filter. Do you have it because of your water quality? We have city water and its not to bad-found this out because we use a tds meter to test our city water because of our salt water tank.

As for our chemicals:
We are currently using Baqua Spa just because a 30 day kit came with it and they say it only has to be added once a week. So we will give it a try.

Thanks for your learning tips.
I'm sure it will get easier as we go. And thanks for the offer on the questions. I'm sure we will have some before the this weeks out.  ;D

We love the tub but it is so hot! (and, I was worried  :-?) We had it set on 104* and when we took its temperture it read 105.9*.  So turned it down to 102 and now the thermometer reads 103.8.
We are going to try this temp tonight and if its too hot, we will turn it down another 2 degrees. I don't understand how some people want more than 104*. :o

All the jets feel great! I was worried because we didn't water test, but knowing you enjoyed yours, I had a little more confidence, and we love it!

Thanks again for the information and your offer of being able to question you! I'll keep you posted!

2008 HS Soverign

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:32:30 pm »
Congrats Aduvall..what an awesome Valentine's Day present..enjoy  ;)

Yes, what a great Valentimnes day present! I think we will make a point to use just the red inside tub lights tomorrow night with a little (or a  lot) of wine.
2008 HS Soverign

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 10:39:03 pm »
First soak yet?  Should be a good night. We will be in ours at around 10pm.  Let us know how it goes.  If I was to buy again, the Soverign would be one of the ones I would test and consider.

Oh Yeah!!!!!  ;)We were in three times today and just getting ready to take another dip in a few.

We absolute love it! Just enough jet action without it being over powering. And the variation of the colored lights at night is awsome.  It's quiet, and being able to sit under the stars is more than I had ever imagined!

The only thing that I did not like about the Soverign is that at first thought "Why a cool down seat, what a waste". But you know what? I love this seat. When we get hot we just rotate around to this seat.  
****We love this spa. It was just right for the two of us.

2008 HS Soverign

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 10:40:34 pm »
Congratulations!  :D It's even better when the water gets warm!  ;D ;)

You ain't a kiddin!!!!  ;D

At 55* it was like sitting in the North pacific ocean!
2008 HS Soverign

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:49:20 pm »
I have to add one more praise to Hot Springs.  

We bought a display model for $1000 less with one flaw- one pillow light out.

A few days before delivery HS called and offered us a 2008 Soverign but one with everything in working order.  Not one flaw. And it was the color that we had originally ordered new.

NOW, WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR!
                             We love out Hot Springs Spa!!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:51:12 pm by aduvall »
2008 HS Soverign

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 09:32:03 am »

"Why a cool down seat, what a waste". But you know what? I love this seat. When we get hot we just rotate around to this seat.  
****We love this spa. It was just right for the two of us.

That is probably the way we thought.  I'd like a cool down seat now.  It would be especially more useful in warmer months.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drip-dry

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »
Sovereign is an excellent choice! We love ours too! Fits my wife well when she's 4'11"!

Enjoy it - best part (with our experience in Murrieta) is the service that has come with it! Love it - looks like you got the same steps as we did too -

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 09:51:59 pm »
Sovereign is an excellent choice! We love ours too! Fits my wife well when she's 4'11"!

Enjoy it - best part (with our experience in Murrieta) is the service that has come with it! Love it - looks like you got the same steps as we did too -

Congrats and welcome to the forum.  I'm happy to hear of another Soverign friend.
It's nice hearing from people who have the same tub. Zroger on here also has the same tub, and has given me so much information before the arrival of our Hot tub.

Tonight I did something that everyone warns against- Going in on a winter windy night. Wow, what an experiance that I will not be doing again.  My husband was smart he decided to pass on hot tubbing tonight.

We have had our tub for a week now and have used it every night. It has become so addictive.

So, how long have you had your Soverign?
Have you tried or are you using the Baqua Spa chemicals?
IS your Soverign inside o outside?
Where is Murrieta?
Have you posted any pictures?

It's great hearing from you!
If you have any questions that we can help with, just let us know.
Happy Soaking... ;D
Angie

2008 HS Soverign

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 09:51:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42