What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In process of shopping for a 300 Series Jacuzzi  (Read 5146 times)

Baston8005

In process of shopping for a 300 Series Jacuzzi
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:26:11 pm »
Hi guys and girls, I started my shopping and consumer due diligence for a Jacuzzi hot tub.  We chose Jacuzzi because my wife's uncle has one and we love it.  We love the looks, the quality, the warranty, "one of the top 5 tubs", so on and so forth.  We went to a few local dealers and called a few out of state dealers. In Stock non wet floor models 2008 J345 series, we are looking at prices from $6700-7900.  $ 6700 included a cover and a chemical kit and delivery.  $7900 included a cover, cover lifter, chemical kit, delivery, ozonator and delivery.   How does that sound so far?    Anyone out there have any comments or suggestions?  
We are also looking at the J 325 model and found an in stock 08 for $5725  at an out of state dealer.  In state was $600 more on same model.

Bryce

Hot Tub Forum

In process of shopping for a 300 Series Jacuzzi
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:26:11 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: In process of shopping for a 300 Series Jacuzz
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:39:31 pm »
 Warranty wise you may want to stay local unless your close to boarder and they will take care of you. As for the spas I like the 325 but the J-345 has so much more to offer as far as size, pumps and jets, not that it matters that much depends how many will be using it and what you need??

Those prices are right inline, with us being on the higher side.  Not really any change from 08 to 09 few jet changes is about it.

The J-345 is a great spa and fits most peoples needs.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:40:44 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:53:55 am »
Welcome to the forum. The prices seem reasonable for a good spa, but I don't check pricing that often.  I will say it is an excellent value for what you personally get from a hot tub. I'm in my sixth year of having my spa and couldn't live without one.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:53:21 am »
Make sure you do a wet test so you know what depth is comfortable for you.  We have a J-365, but I'm 6' tall and my husband is 6'3".   The J-345 would not have been deep enough for us.  Also, the J-365 has the foot jets, which I wouldn't trade for anything.  Just a couple things to think about....
Renee    

Baston8005

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:09:52 pm »
Hey folks, after sitting down with the wife, we've come to the conclusion that we do not want to spend over 5K on a hot tub. :'(  The economy and everything else going on in the world today...
So what tubs are out there within this price range that have the quality of a jacuzzi tub...  Is there a noticeable difference in the 300 series and the 200 series?    I looked forward to your suggestions and comments.

Bryce

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:09:29 pm »
 You might check out the J-230 we sell it around 4995.00 you may also check out freeflow spas, built different than a conventional spa but do have different sized models to offer in a great price range.

http://www.freeflowspas.com/

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:58:10 pm »
You might check out the J-230 we sell it around 4995.00 you may also check out freeflow spas, built different than a conventional spa but do have different sized models to offer in a great price range.

http://www.freeflowspas.com/

Jim,

Do you really think Freeflow is the same quality as Jacuzzi?!?

You might want to check out the Hot Spot Sorrento.  http://hotspot.hotspring.com/Showroom/spa_model_sorrento.html
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 04:58:59 pm »

Jim,

Do you really think Freeflow is the same quality as Jacuzzi?!?

You might want to check out the Hot Spot Sorrento.  http://hotspot.hotspring.com/Showroom/spa_model_sorrento.html

No!  Just thought I would throw it out there.    Should add it still is a decent spa line for the price.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:10:40 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Baston8005

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 05:15:53 pm »
I checked out the website Jim....They look real cheap....
Can you guys give me an idea on these spas....http://www.sabrinapools.com/spas.htm
They are about a 5 min drive from my house.  I went and talked to the salemen today.  The jets didn't impress me with there power.  Acrylic tub with foam backside.  Not much insulation on back side of tub.  The wooden shell had 2 inches of insulation on it...All piping was easily accessible with shutoff valves everywhere.  2 yr warranty on parts and labor.  The shell did not have any polyurthane? coats on it.  
At least give me some ?'s to ask the salemen next tie I see him

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:23:30 pm »
I checked out the website Jim....They look real cheap....
Can you guys give me an idea on these spas....http://www.sabrinapools.com/spas.htm
They are about a 5 min drive from my house.  I went and talked to the salemen today.  The jets didn't impress me with there power.  Acrylic tub with foam backside.  Not much insulation on back side of tub.  The wooden shell had 2 inches of insulation on it...All piping was easily accessible with shutoff valves everywhere.  2 yr warranty on parts and labor.  The shell did not have any polyurthane? coats on it.  
At least give me some ?'s to ask the salemen next tie I see him

At first, I thought those were Sunbelt Spas because of the spa at the bottom.  That one had a Sunbelt logo.

This is my opinion.  If they are building their own spas, I'd tend to stay away from them.  You really want to have a spa with the backing that a national brand does.  In particular, right now.  With the economy the way it is, pool and spa dealers are closing left and right.  You are going to want to buy something you know will be around when you need service.  

I don't know Sabrina Pools.  They may very well be a great company, but with spas, I'd just go with a brand name.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:23:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42